Things that pee you off...

John Virgo doing the commentary on a game of snooker, one day I can see him having a heart attack.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Adverts that are selling colour for ladies hair. It always show's long flowing hair giving the impression that your hair

will look just the same colour as the model.

What they forget to say is that if you have long hair, then you will need at least 2/3 bottle's of the colour to make your

colour even.

• Upvote 2

RE JOHN VIRGO

No we would not see him, if he was on the radio, but harrrrr the peace and quiet but how would we know where the white ball has gone?

#585 mary1947, I was a "Bottle Blonde" on and off all my life until a few years ago when I decided to give it a try being natural. A little help from the silver highlights I have acquired now has kept my hair from looking to dark, so for now it passes. Just!

Your right about long hair needing more than one box of dye. The adverts make it sound so simple. Ok with short hair but you have to be quite dedicated to keep your hair from going brassy blonde and they don't say anything about the never ending battle with the 2/3 weekly roots touch up

Silver Surfin' is OK for me now! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Being a once upon a time hairdresser I used to be all sorts of colours. Chemo made a big impact and I'm now grey and short haired ( in fact very short) but I love it. How is it that face creams are supposed to make you look 20 when they are represented by 20 yr old models. We have not all fallen from the christmas tree. Come on cosmetic firms be more realistic.

• Upvote 5

It seems to be the over 60's who are the worst. Bloated, uncouth, shaven headed, heavily tattooed ex skinhead bovver boys.

Matched with a nice twin tipped slim fit Fred Perry got to admit it's a good look?

• Upvote 1

Watched Monday's MOTD last night, and yes, the Lineker interview was stomach churning.

Why on earth do people prostitute themselves endlessly just to be on the box ?

• Upvote 1

What peed me off on Thursday ,waiting around in opticians(Boots) 3hrs being tested on different machines,then they put wrong address on prescription.Had to go back next day and wait about another 3hrs to get it changed and be subjected to high pressure sales talk,the woman gave in eventually when she knew I wasn't interested.All I wanted was a decent pair of glasses.I will stick to my old opticians in future.

• Upvote 1

School "staff training" days ! Don't make me laugh.

I used to deliver to schools all day long in a previous life & on training days the teachers would be sat with feet up drinking coffee & watching a video !

Funny thing was that the training day always fell on a monday after a nice relaxing weekend off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wethers in Bulwell this morning 9.30....................no coffee,machine broke again........so went to Tesco for me breakfeast with 'Esspresso',staff very nice,asked me where ive been lately (2yr since).......told em Wetherspoons,but no coffee this morning........and with a smile on her face she told me to B*******.then''............... .loved it,could only happen in Bulwell.........and as i was leaving still got...''tara Duck''

• Upvote 4

Here we go, carni's RANT.

Cleaning my Crystal Chandeliers HUH. Hate It! Hate It! Hate It!.Doing this job is when I practice my swear words, and believe me, there are quite a few! Crystals dropping off, little gold colored clasps dropping off, sometimes together, sometimes single, sometimes a whole string at B..... once.

Up the ladders, down the ladders. Groveling around on the carpet searching for them. This goes on for two ceiling and two wall chandeliers. GRRRR. I honestly blame Charlie Pride, It's his fault. He sang the song that made me want some. In the 70s? or sometime around then.

OK Job done. Feeling Relaxed now. OH, They look so nice and sparkly. Well the title is..Things that pee you off, intit. smile2

• Upvote 4

I can't help but laugh when I see supposedly intelligent adults either having just taken their kids to school, or going to collect them, and they are carrying a little bicycle or one of these abominable scooters. Make the little beggars walk.

Also, these stupid roller boots girls have. Downright dangerous. One came skidding round the aisle in Tescos at Top Valley on Saturday and crashed into the front of my trolley. I was going to moan, but as she started howling, I declined the temptation.

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...