Things that pee you off...

While I was up in Edinburgh the other week the Fringe festival was in full swing,tourists from all over the world,tens of thousands of them,no litter along Princes street and surrounding streets and none around the old town/Royal mile,street cleaners out in force as there always is in Edinburgh,the council and people of Edinburgh take a pride in the place and put the city first unlike a lot of city's in England who put the council first,where does all this council tax go? I don't think they pay it in Scotland but they manage to keep the place clean and tidy

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

4 hours ago, FLY2 said:

What utter filth covered the pavement. 

Only a matter of time before folk start emptying their chamber pots out of the bedroom window again because they've bunged up their ensuite loo with disposable nappies and we all have to trot about with nosegays (!)...bet that's not pc...because of the smell! :blink:

• Like 1

It happens because the rest of us allow it to . It's high time somebody got hold of the situation and made it quite clear to those who leave mess everywhere that it is not acceptable. We all have a vote and if the people running the show will not do anything we should make it clear that our vote can go elsewhere. It would do some of our petty beaurocrats good to shake them out of their comfort zone by pointing out their job is not for life and their nice fat pension needs to be earned.

• Upvote 3

First of September and the leader of the opposition went shopping today and returned saying that they had Christmas mince pies on the shelves at the local supermarket. They will be putting the decorations up soon!

There ought to be a law not allowing them to display Christmas stuff until December.

On 8/29/2017 at 2:22 PM, plantfit said:

While I was up in Edinburgh the other week the Fringe festival was in full swing,tourists from all over the world,tens of thousands of them,no litter along Princes street and surrounding streets and none around the old town/Royal mile,street cleaners out in force as there always is in Edinburgh,the council and people of Edinburgh take a pride in the place and put the city first unlike a lot of city's in England who put the council first,where does all this council tax go? I don't think they pay it in Scotland but they manage to keep the place clean and tidy

Rog

Council Tax here Rog is to fund the tram !

• Like 1

I just thought when I was in Edinburgh there seemed to be a lot of money being spent on new roads,new buildings including flats and houses,a lot of new infrastructure,more buses on the roads than you can wave a stick at,police walking around the streets,I didn't think Scotland was all that well off but it seems from what I saw that us south of the border are the poorer relatives or is it that the purse string holders down here look after themselves before looking after the peoples? food for thought eh?

Rog

• Upvote 1

Think its the Barnet Formula, they get  paid a subsidy goes back a number of years when they were in need.  Now it allows them to give free prescriptions/university fees to name but a few. Its worth looking up.  If they get the independence their government wants so much the Barnet Formula should stop.    

Yes Gem it was calculated in Nov 2016 that the Scottish government gets £1460 per head of population more than the UK average to spend as it wished thanks to the Barnett formula. That would leave a massive black hole in their finances should they ever get the independence NS is always on about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-41130696/iver-child-bollards-aim-to-deter-speeding-outside-schools

On 08/07/2017 at 11:06 AM, Chulla said:

If those mannequins give you the creeps just driving past them, imagine how you'd feel if their eyes followed you. I bet you'll remember this next time you drive by them. (Look in your rear-view mirror)

Ey up, Chulla! They're breeding. John Wyndham's The Damned is coming true! Errrrrrggggghhhh!

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

2pm, on a lovely warm sunny day, and not a bleddy murmur from the home idle neighbours on either side.

I've repaired and restained some trellis work that needed attention after I'd cut down a large Montana plant. Cut the hedge on one side, and mown the lawn. The idle sods are only in their 30's too !

Another £145k given to the Metrpolitan  Police Force to continue with the search for Madeleine McCann.

Just when will this farce end, and folk wise up to these two !

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Another £145k given to the Metrpolitan  Police Force to continue with the search for Madeleine McCann.

Just when will this farce end, and folk wise up to these two !

I agree with you 100% to date the amount is quoted is £11 million, what about all the other missing children who  could have benefitted from some of this money.  I can't  imagine losing a child in any circumstances but there has to come a time when it stops, Why are they different because "upper class" had the ear of David Cameron, can we ask what the money raised by donation was used for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

^^^^^^No Gem you can't ask any questions and that's the problem.

I feel very sorry for that little girl but her parents and the tribe they have around them that is an entirely different matter, how they escaped prosecution for child neglect I will never know just disgusting.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

If they were an unmarried couple from a council estate how long would it have taken for social services to fly out and take the other children home and for the police to be waiting at the airport for the parents to fly back. Are we an equal society.

Admin please delete if not appropriate

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Gem, I don't consider them as upper class, just rather affluent and damn good actors. Especially Kate, Oscar material !

• Like 3
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...