Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Now then chaps,simmer down,this song was mentioned the other day.............sang and made in 1969'

Great big melting pot,

take a pinch of white man,

wrap it up in blackskin,

add a touch of blue blood,

and a little bitty bit of red indian boy

curly latin kinkies

mixed with yellow chinkies

if you lump it all together

well you got a recipe for a get along scene

oh what a beautiful dream

if it could only come true you know you know

what we need is a great big melting pot

big enough to take the world and all its got

Great song and words.........well its nearly 50 years on.....its happened, embrace it,you can't change it,enjoy it,

I have no problems with colour, I won't embrace homosexuality in any way shape or form. Perverse behaviour.

• Like 3

Village people.................young man..........YMCA.........You gotta like that Mick........lol

ME too Mick ref YMCA, great dance tho wer'nt it................Polygamy ? wish i had the strength    lol.

Polygamy.  Two Mormon guys get of a plane at Birmingham airport. The woman in immigration says ‘who are all those women with you?’.  They’re our wives Ma’am. ‘You’ve got more than one wife - you ought to be bloody well hung!’ she said.  ‘We are ma’am, we sure are!’  smile2

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I registered on a website for an account I will use to do with work. All the usual questions and the test to make sure I am not a robot! No problem with that. I do not see why they need to know my age, just that I am over 18. I have sometimes given my year of birth as 1900 and it has been accepted in online registration forms! The gender question is OK so they can address me as Mrs. Fine. The new question that I have never seen before asked what gender I identified as! Political correctness gone mad. I ignored this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 27/03/2018 at 10:19 AM, jonab said:

What seems to be ignored (conveniently) in this McCann saga is the FACT that the parents and their friends left the children alone and unsupervised while they went out on a "jolly". Weren't/aren't there laws covering this? Don't they accept any responsibility? From the little that gets on the news media down here (but I know how big it is in the UK), there seems to be plenty of self-pity but no acceptance of responsibility.

If this had been a working class couple from one of the council estates, the press would have pilloried them and called for a prosecution for child neglect. However as they are a middle class/ professional couple, we are supposed to feel sorry for them and continue to pump money into helping this criminally negligent couple stay in the spotlight. One rule for the haves another for the have nots.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, BilboroughShirley said:

Today I registered on a website for an account I will use to do with work. All the usual questions and the test to make sure I am not a robot! No problem with that. I do not see why they need to know my age, just that I am over 18. I have sometimes given my year of birth as 1900 and it has been accepted in online registration forms! The gender question is OK so they can address me as Mrs. Fine. The new question that I have never seen before asked what gender I identified as! Political correctness gone mad. I ignored this. 

I received an email from Nottm City Council with a questionnaire about littering.  As this is something I feel very strongly about and absolutely detest I decided to answer the questions.  I get to the end and am asked my gender ....... Male, Female, Prefer not to say.   OK, not a problem for me, I’m female. 

Next question,  ‘Is my gender the same as I was assigned at birth?’    For goodness sake!!    So as well as having our council correspondence printed in every language under the sun they are now catering for those unfortunates who are in the wrong body.  Don’t get me wrong, it must be terrible for them, but I still can’t get my head around it.  

• Upvote 1

It's a job creation scheme. Make the forms more complicated, then more folk are needed to process the damn things.

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

It's a job creation scheme. Make the forms more complicated, then more folk are needed to process the damn things.

Its called 

Ineptocracy :

A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Another trick I detest is when you make a purchase from certain shops, and the assistant wants your email address in order to send a receipt. NO, NO, NO  you bonehead ! Just print off a till receipt there are then. 

It's  like I've mentioned before about Screwfix. They want your address and postcode before they'll sell you a packet of screws !

Sod that. I look in one of their catalogues, then go to Wilkos and get stuff cheaper too, and no hassle.

• Like 2

It's just the same here, I bought a delta (detail) sander from a well known hardware store and the interchange at the checkout went something like this.....

"Thank you sir that will be $50"

I hand over a $50 note

"Could I have your name?"

No

"Could I have your mobile number?"

No

"Could I have your e-mail address?"

No

" But sir we need this information to register your warranty"

No you don't

"Is there anything else I can help you with today"

Yes, a receipt please

The bloke behind me just rolled his eyes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Another trick I detest is when you make a purchase from certain shops, and the assistant wants your email address in order to send a receipt. NO, NO, NO  you bonehead ! Just print off a till receipt there are then. 

It's  like I've mentioned before about Screwfix. They want your address and postcode before they'll sell you a packet of screws !

Sod that. I look in one of their catalogues, then go to Wilkos and get stuff cheaper too, and no hassle.

The same script at Argos !

• Like 2

At both Argos and Screwfix I'm Dr Niemand (German for nobody) my post code is the one for a local industrial estate and there is no number on their database because it's a new build.

I have no hesitation telling them fairy stories. I know it's peeing into the wind in this day and age but I resent their intrusive questions, they annoy me. Oh and by the way, like Lizzie I was born 01/01/1900

Comet tried the same thing. "We need the information for security sir". "I'm paying cash", "It's for your warranty" "No it's not" "The till won't let me proceed without it" "You'd best put them back on the shelf then - cheerio"

Bugger 'em.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Same in Lincoln,but if you ask them what are they going to do about,,,,,(anything you ask them) they don't want to know and try and fob you off with any old crap, keep the peasants down is their idea of running a local council

Rog

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...