Things that pee you off...

Purely to enhance their ego Ben. Can't stand Captain Mannering type pip squeaks !

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

I'm not normally like that,,but it was early one Sunday morning and did'nt want to be there anyway,,but daughter insisted as her boy friend was picking her up straight after work...........and the twat did ask for it......i must have looked weedy in an old banger wearing an old ''T-shirt''...found out different dint he...........lol

edit.....must admit packed it in now.......i am a touch weedy........but don't tell anyone       lol,,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do love irate drivers, my Father in-law is class he's shouting & balling F-ing & Jeffing @ drivers, pedestrians, road signs, the radio, thinks he's king of the road, but must admit watching him he's mostly at fault. 

• Like 2

My , my, Hucknall Rd closed at the Arnold Rd traffic lights. I hope it's the numpty who nearly had me yesterday, and that no one else was injured. At least it's quiet past here !

Thankfully I haven't seen that level of road rage here.  Maybe because you never know who is packing iron.  :biggrin:

Why do you think it is?  The kids of the 70s +. Who were given everything and  get irate if somebody slows 'em down?  Just wondering!

• Upvote 1

It’s doing my head in listening to news bulletins and weather ‘experts’ predicting that this unusually hot weather will be more the norm in the future.  What a load of tripe, this is the UK, we get the occasional good summers and also occasional bad winters, hardly ever do we get extreme temperatures and that’s how it will always be.  The British climate is dictated by the winds blowing towards us, at present we’re getting tropical and Continental winds bringing this heat, it won’t be long before the Arctic winds will be blowing down on us, let’s enjoy this rare, wonderful summer while we can.  

• Upvote 1

Everybody has fly screens on the Continent, they generally get hotter summer temperatures than little old UK and need their windows open far more.  In fact years ago we brought some special mesh back from Germany to use as fly screens.  Worked well too. 

The experts also keep telling us we're in for a bad winter. They barely know what's happening next week for goodness sake.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting a phobia. All this talk of fly screens is making me claustrophobic, and fly swatting is very worrying ! I keep looking over my shoulder.

Don’t panic FLY, so long as your missus doesn’t hang one of those sticky dangly things from the ceiling,  or we may never hear from you again!  

• Upvote 1

Ugh ! What a thought ! My wings clipped.

• Like 1

An ever present pest during the warmer months, in you mouth, eyes, nose and everywhere especially in the bush.

I'm with all those who have fly screens, fibre glass mesh for the lightweight ones or aluminium mesh for heavy duty.

Don't want to be doing the Great Australian Salute indoors 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Bug screens common on all widows everywhere I've lived over here.  Canada and  the US.

On which part of the widow do the screens fit? How are they attached?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonab said:

On which part of the widow do the screens fit? How are they attached?

It depends on what type of windows you have, sliding, hopper, sash etc and what material the windows are, aluminium, UPVC or timber. Some are on the inside others on the outside

• Like 1

I think you may have missed the point, Oz. Or have I missed it? I am reminded of the late, great Gerard Hoffnung addressing the Oxford Union regarding the Swiss hotelkeeper describing his hotel: "There is a French widow in every room offering delightful prospects."

More seriously, those PVC flaps are similar to the ones I have over my doors although for studio wall (fully open the to outside in the heat) I don't bother as it is effectively outdoors anyway. Any small creatures (insects or birds) come and go as they please without feeling trapped.

One thing with the PVC flaps, though, is that I had to have foil earthing strips placed near the bottom as I found that dogs were scared of going near the strips. I found out it was due to static electricity build-up as the dogs brushed through them and the dogs ended up having electric shocks.

Oz answered it well.  All I might add is that things vary depending on the type of window.  All the windows I have come across have been the sliding type and the screen is on the outside of the lower section.  I have seen some more expensive wood frame Windows which wind outwards.  With them the screen is on the inside of the frame.

Oh oh!  And I'm married to one.  I'll just blame me IPad. It does its own thing, honest,. I really did mean window.  :biggrin:. Try to put a screen on Mrs L and you'd be in for a fight. 

• Like 2

Kids in TV soaps ! Precocious little oiks !

• Like 2
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...