Things that pee you off...

People who leave the TV switched on all the time with no one watching it !

I walk in my daughter's house & switch everything off which is not being used, ie lights, radio, TV etc.

I must save her a fortune.

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

ARGH! Mrs Compo's daughter and family always leave every light in the house switched on, not to mention the TV and radio in the kitchen and bedroom that are on from dawn through to bedtime, even when they go out. They were once arty-farty planet saving vegetarians but now they don't even consider waste at all. When they visit I have to follow them around, switching off after them. In fact - it was them who forced me to change to low energy lightbulbs....GRRRRR!

• Upvote 4

1) People who leave a tissue in their pocket or up their sleeve that disintegrates into little white bits all over the washing. (Might be me!)

2) OH saying, 'Why don`t you check all the pockets before the wash?

• Upvote 1

Inconsiderate drivers who don't think when parking.

Suppose there is room for three or any number of cars & by inconsiderate parking park in such a way that all the space can't be properly used. i.e. wasting space.

My all time favourite was driving a wagon & reaching a lay by, the tachograph ticking away, (one minute late on a digital tacho & VOSA will treat you to a £30 fpn) you go to park in a lay bye & some toss pot has parked smack bang in the middle of the lay bye not leaving enough room behind or in front of them for a wagon to fit in, absolute tossers !

Mother's who have to park anyhow outside school entances so they can drop their precious "chavs" at school blocking the road off & causing chaos.

Mek em bleedin walk.

• Upvote 2

3mil left on the loo roll,hot tap left running,not readjusting seat and mirrors in car,always trying to make me go to the Doctors,"you've missed a bit"," did you get petrol"?,banal soaps,sales talk,religion, rain,shingles, nosey parkers,in-laws,weak fridge magnets,casualty staff asking "what brought you here today"?-and your leg is 'angin off!!

Fridge magnets.... Get real. They make a kitchen look so scruffy with tatty bits of faded paper dangling from them.

• Upvote 1

Walked through Edwards Lane Estate yesterday on my way to Arnold. What a 5hit hole. Continuous litter all along Longmead. Bags full of McDonald's crap, beer bottles, cans galore. Two styrene trays wit chips and gravy still in them , three used disposable nappies. I felt physically sick on reaching Daybrook.

Madam says that I should not worry about things I cannot change, as I'm always picking up litter from outside my house.

I said every bit I pick up makes a difference. I told her that ' if she wouldn't be part of the solution, then she was part of the problem.

That did it...... Silence.

• Upvote 3

Had a wander up to my beloved Lime Kiln yesterday for sunday lunch & the customary few pints of Hobgoblin. Sadly there were a couple in there with a couple of inbred looking brats, one continually shouted & the other continually screamed all the time, the parents sat there totally oblivious to the noise while they both fiddled with their smart phones.

Everyone seated close by moved away from them, I wanted to go & have a word but was told to behave myself, watch yer angina Catfan is what I got, in hindsight I think she was right.

I seriously believe now that the smoking ban is not responsible for pubs closing but since the wholesale introduction of kids in pubs, where parents are either too stupid or ignorant to control their offspring in public places.

Before anyone says you don't like kids Catfan, well, on the next table to us was a couple with a daughter about ten years old, absolutely perfectly behaved & a credit to her parents.

Seems the "Wetherspoons" disease is spreading everywhere nowadays.

A perfectly good Sunday lunchtime ruined.

Give em one of your looks Catfan.

• Upvote 1

Bleddy game int'it catfan,..........out go the 'Smokers'........in come unruly kids'........personally i'd sooner have the 'Smokers'......'cough,cough, sorry got go,me eyes are streaming,....lol.

• Upvote 1

#351. Gi' o'er maunging Benji. A smokey pub has atmosphere. If they re-introduced smoking in pubs then the thought-police would not allow children in them.

• Upvote 2

Got to agree with you 'Chulla'.............remember all those times when you first saw the Girl of your dreams.......across a smoke filled crowded bar,....so romantic...............until you saw em again in daylight..........when you were sober,........Ale and Fags should be banned....lol.

• Upvote 1

Over 20 years ago when I lived at Saxondale, my ex and I would frequent Shepherds at Stragglethorpe on a Sunday lunchtime.

We initially went around one, but after a refurbishment, it was busier with overweight chavs taking their offspring.

We then went in for 12 but were confronted with said chavs already seated with drinks at the bar. There was a large notice stating no children allowed at the bar. This was totally ignored , even though I brought it to the attention of the bar staff. This presumably was because they were also from Cotgrave, and didn't want any bother.

We decided to wait till three before going in. Whoa ! Fatal mistake. The chavs were all pi55ed and the brats were running riot.

Never patronised the place since.

We then went to the Pauncefoote Arms at East Stoke. Fantastic,,,,,, till it closed.

Then pubs in Granby and Harby, till they were made into Asian restaurants. Manor Arms at Elton on the Hill, Indian restaurant too.

Then The Haven at Whatton. Brilliant........ Then I left the area !!!!

• Upvote 1

Pauncefoote arms,east Stoke,is where a couple commited suicide in the early 90s,in a car in the car park

Unmarried I presume.

Can't remember the details,but strange thing is on the night it occured i was behind a car on the A46 and the couple in front were obviously arguing,i could see them hitting each other and the passenger door kept opening,they eventually turned into the 'Pauncefoote arms' it was about 11pm,and a couple of days later it was on the news that a couple had been found dead in the car park,early the following morning,must have been the couple i was behind,very sad.

I find that a bringing a container of cold chicken soup clears brats and chavs..INSTRUCTIONS:

Baxters tinned is best.

Bring to lunch venue in sealable container.

Chav and brat alert!!

Copious slug of soup.

Gag and project pretend vomit at the scum.

Cola and nugget crazed kids cry and protest.

Scoop up and eat (optional).

Chav and Ill breds leave.( as will wife).

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...