Anything Political

Well it could get interesting now, Trump has tested positive for Covid.

I wonder who he's going to blame for that.

Re the Debate, I tried to watch but got bored after a few minutes.

I recorded it and tried to watch but got bored even quicker.

Definitely a slanging match.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do you feel the need to influence others? What is your motivation for so doing? Is it because you think you know better than they? Is it because it feeds your ego if and when you succeed?  Is it b

True enough but none quite so 'in your face' or as blatant. To paraphrase Mone "I didn't lie to hide the the fact we're making £60 million and hiding it in a trust, it was to to protect my family

HSR: Col is given a 'free rein to spout his opinions' for exactly the reasons you are, only he does so with more civility.   Recently there have been a couple of attacks on the validity of t

I wonder how many believe that Donald Trump and Melania have actually contracted the corona virus? or is it

• A ploy to garner sympathy to gain votes
  • An action that is designed to delay/defer the election
  • Another means of saying that it is not a free and fair election that as due to his diagnosis he cannot participate on the hustings
  • A plan to avoid another disastrous TV debate with Joe Biden
  • He will have a miraculous recovery as he has been taking hydroxychloroquine
  • He will announce that contracting coronavirus is no big deal, just like a dose of flu and use this as a means to further open the economy and put pressure on state governors.
  • ALL OF THE ABOVE
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It's probably fake, so he can "recover" and reappear, demonstrating how strong and fit he is.

And he will also use it to demonstrate how 'trivial' it is and how easily it can be overcome, and how his casual approach to the subject was obviously correct after all.

• Like 1

Bleach injections are the cure - Trump says so. Let him volunteer.

Looking at the BBC News website, Trump seems to be getting a lot more publicity than Bojo did. Most of the French press give the story third (or lower) in the headline listings.

• Like 1

I like Trump thumbsup

Better than that silly old sod Biden who, if he wins, will need to pass the job to his second-in-command (whatever her name is, but she's been picked because she's a black female) within a year.  

• Like 2

Brings to mind that old saying: If God meant them to have an election, he'd have given them a decent candidate!  It reminded me of why I didn't like teaching reception classes!

In the end, the one who can throw most dosh will win. It has been so since Joe Kennedy bought the presidency for his son and that family doesn't bear close inspection at any level. Supposed pillars of the RC church, my backside. Anti Semites, liars, adulterers...it matters not as long as you possess the dollars.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

I like Trump thumbsup

Better than that silly old sod Biden who, if he wins, will need to pass the job to his second-in-command (whatever her name is, but she's been picked because she's a black female) within a year.  

Her name is, Kamala Harris.  Known in the critical media as 'the Kamal'

Many here think that Biden is running because he has a higher profile and recognition.  Once he' is in he will quickly turn it over to her.  It won't be God bless America, then.  Heaven help us!

I actually feel sorry for Biden.  He has a serious case of dementia.  He could not run a kindergarten or as we used to say, 'A boozup in a brewery.'

• Like 1

After the Trump covid annoucement I looked at American  sites to see how they are reacting. I have never read such a load of rubbish. One article accused Kamala Harris of " releasing a paedophile so they can be elected", doesn't say whether it is to get herself elected or the paedophile, or where the release took place, no names were mentioned. Same author accused Obama of malfeasance, corruption and being extreme left wing.

I'm sure most American are living in a bubble, where are the voices of reason? there has to be some surely...

13 minutes ago, Brew said:

I'm sure most American are living in a bubble, where are the voices of reason? there has to be some surely...

You can't expect people who voted for Trump to respond with intelligence or sense.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I like Trump

I do, I think he's bleddy brilliant, straight swap for Boris, not sure why, but on the day he was elected I was over the moon, almost skipping & I have no affiliation or love for America, the same felling when Brexit won the vote :Friends:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

You can't expect people who voted for Trump to respond with intelligence or sense.

A lot more Americans get it than you might think.

BTW  I didn't vote.  I don't have a vote here and I'm glad I don't  The choice in 2016 was between Trump and Clinton.  Need I say more?  Today Trump and Biden.  Word's fail me!

Many Americans are fed up, not unintelligent.  What are they to do with the caliber of candidates that are offered every four years?  They vote for what they see as the lesser of two evils.  The lessor is little better.

We are in deep do do!  That's probably as far as I should go.  I'd like a ticket for somewhere else, but where do you go?  Most countries are swimming in the same cess pool.

• Like 1

I have a relative that has lived in Tucson for many years. He always says America would be great if it wasn’t for Americans!! 

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Anything Political