Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Doughnuts, donuts...however you spell it, I shouldn't be eating em, Loppy. Putting too much weight on.

Don't have them very often and they are nicer than soggy brandy snap! Noticed that Morrison's are now packing their doughnuts in a box emblazoned with the union flag, as opposed to calling it the union Jack. My daddy always taught me it could only be called a union jack when flown aboard ship. I don't know whether that's true but it made to difference at all to the amount of calories in the custard filled doughnuts! ;)

I'm pretty good at resisting temptation but I have to give in now and again or I'll become a bit too saintly for my own good. Visiting Morrison's when they've just taken a batch of loaves out of the ovens and they're all warm and squishy is too much for me and I go a bit mad with throwing it all in the trolley. I resisted the cheese scones and the chocolate chip cookies though!

Was in the Co-op the other day and was offered a massive block of Cadbury's Milk Tray ( £3.99) for £2.

i immediately snapped NO, then no again, then mmmmmm then finally YES ! 

All gone by last night ! 

Purely for soothing  medicinal purposes Jill ! 

It was actually just a block of Milk Chocolate, but I like your style Jill ( I never fancied him though) LOL

I liked the ad for I think it was Terry's All Gold. When the lid was removed, half the contents was jewellery! I remember being very disappointed when my mother got a box for Christmas in the early 60s and all it contained was chocolates. The power of advertising, eh?

Don't get me on advertising. Bleddy Corden doing car insurance ones. "Me Greenlight" . I'd give him greenlight the smirking tw4t. I'd gleefully take a baseball bat to him !

Then the hot pants wearing twerps on the other insurance one. Uggggggggh 

Talking of gold and jewellery, I quite  like the perfume one where Charlize Theron rips of her pearls etc, and climbs up to rope to the ceiling. 

#3741. Jill you bought back a great memory with this post. A good few years back we were coming back down the Llangollen canal just after daybreak, my mate and I were operating the boat and the ladies were still in their beds. As we neared a small town you could smell it on the breeze.............freshly baked bread, we had our cups of tea but the smell was just to much. As we rounded a corner we saw the back of a bakery, we moored up and five minutes later it was crusty bread that warm the butter melted into it and some lovely warm cakes too.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Re #3745..... Good news for you Jill, the Milk Tray advert has returned with a new SAS man. Just seen it on CH4.

• Upvote 1

Tim #3753: Do you recall that sometime during the mid-1960s they replaced the blue twists with a blue rectangular sealed packet of salt?

When we came to Nottm for our meetup on the 12th, we left the hotel for a stroll along the the shops across Mansfield Rd, and as we passed the pub called "The New Carrington", we heard a commotion coming from the car park at the side. We hesitated to see what was happening (as you do). It was just like watching an old fisty cuffs film. A small group had congregated around two middle aged men who, both had fists up in the air, taking random swipes at each other, moving backwards and forwards in fencing motion. 

Not a pretty sight and two of the audience were young teenagers, probably the sons of one of the fighters! What a lesson for the future. I suppose the only good thing was that there didn't appear to be weapons involved. 

Showed  this to my grandchildren tonight and they were rolling on the floor. They could believe auntie ( my daughter) used to love this cereal

• Upvote 1