Things you don't see anymore

I still have a couple of 5.5 floppy drives and 3.25 floppy's.

There were also 3,25 "optical drives", they would play and record on both types of 3.25 floppies. The "optical" discs would NOT play on standard 3.5 drives though. Held more data and had an optical set up to guide the heads, so making use of more of the disc for data. They were nicknamed "floptical drives" and are still available. Never really took off, as the CD was just coming on the market.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

CD drives were very expensive and very slow by todays standards. I still have a Commadore Amiga 1000 in a box in the workshop complete with memory extension card, a whopping 1Mb of ram...LOL No hard drive either.

A bit like saving pre decimal coins thinking it "might" be worth something in a few years time noblue

There must be £100,000s kicking around just go to any bric-a-brac/car boot sale you can even pick up 10 shilling notes last issued c1969.

They are new to me too, never come across them before. What does I intrigue me though is the amount of stuff that you put on here Compo. Do you have a 50`s museum in the old station?

I have a small museum of 20th century tat if that's what you mean :) I collect other people's junk.

• Upvote 2

There was a shop at the bottom of Sneinton Boulevard that sold teh self-striking fags, circa 1966. I never saw them anywhere else though.

Aspidistras! Here's mine - in need of a little attention. The elephant plant stand came from the tip:

IMG_2738.JPG

A railway department responsible for public relations and classic advertising posters such as this:

skeg.jpg

• Upvote 1

Writing ink has become an oddity these days. I still use it for important letters but most people now use ball point:

IMG_2739.JPG

Was big black ominous clouds early evening yesterday...LOL

Isn't he still in Skeg? I didn't see him, but there again, I wasn't really looking. He'll always be there in spirit anyway!