Things that pee you off...

I've the blood pressure of a 19 year old thanks Kath.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

What annoys me is that people feel they have to tell you about their sexuality, I am not interested; then you have a section of let's say a sexual choice minority who use that disclosure of choice for gain." I want a house transfer because I'm into garlic toast and kilts"...hello!!!!????

Let them all live on an island in the middle of the sea,provide them with all the essentials food, water,good housing,all the luxeries they need really, within a generation they would no longer exist because they can't breed (reproduce) job done.The only reason we are all on this earth is to reproduce,to carry on the species so what useful purpose do these numpties serve?None

Rog

• Upvote 2

One persons views etc !!!!

• Upvote 3

Cut if out Rog, I havn't had my breakfast yet !

• Upvote 2

Thinking about it Rog, as long as the beard #442 is neatly trimmed, then I suppose it's ok. LOL

• Upvote 2

Exactly, I'm still chasing that rainbow. Whatever happens to me in life, there is always some poor sod worse off.

• Upvote 2

Went to London for a few days on the train. 5 minutes late reaching Beeston FFS, 10 down at Leicester , 15 late into St Pancras.on return 15 down by Market Harborough. What the hell is happening.

I did it quicker 45 years ago behind Jubilees, Repulse, and another time behind Ulster. Some progress !!!!

When offering a mate a drink in the pub, would they say "I'm good" I don't think so, does my head in big time every time I hear someone say that in a film. Usually imported crap from over the pond.

I'm good. pfffff.

• Upvote 3

Just brought in a law in South Oz about staying clear of bikes on the highway.

We now have to stay 1 metre clear of bikes on a road with a speed limit of less than 80 kph and 1.5 metres on a road where the speed limit is more than 80kph. To do so we are now allowed to cross double lines in the middle of the road, nearly got cleaned up by some pratt more worried about staying a metre clear of the bike than looking what is coming the other way.

Bikes are now allowed to ride on pavements.

• Upvote 2

Oztalgian..re #453 - Same down here in Tassie and going Oz wide.

1.5 metres minimum divide puts you on the other side of the road in some areas down here.

It will cause more anger and tensions, particularly if cyclists decide to ride 2 abreast (legal) which can then equate to say 1.5 metres for the 2 cyclists plus the mandatory 1.5 metre space takes up most of your average lane width. Single lane highway with oncoming traffic negates crossing over to overtake so....stuck behind the cyclists.

It would be nice if cyclists rode in single file now this new rule is in but, word is that cycling groups are talking of cameras, complaints to and requirements for police investigation and the onus is on the motorists to prove he passed at 1.5 metres..............

We are all for safety on our roads but this new law is fraught with danger.

• Upvote 1

I posted last year about some of these cyclists in Lincolnshire who were riding all over the road and it was difficult to pass them,when the road was clear and I had plenty of room to pass they decided to spread out across the road causing me to take evasive action to miss them, I was reported to the police for dangerous driving,endangering the lives of other road users and driving without due care, fortunately for me nothing came of it but you do have to be careful with these numpties especially if they are wearing cycle cams/head cams, trouble is with these cameras is you cant see what the wearer was doing at the time only the other person so it's your word against theirs and they have video evidence, be careful, bye the way I am a keen cyclist so unbiased

Rog

• Upvote 3

I've just returned from three days in London, and I'm astounded that there are not dozens of fatalities every day.

Cyclists totally ignore traffic lights, cut across lanes without looking or indicating, use zebra crossings without dismounting, hanging on to the rear of vans and lorries, wobbling when they are stopped as it appears that it's a sin to put their feet on the ground.

They even ignore pedestrians on zebra crossings and try to weave their way through. They are aloof, ignorant, arrogant tw4ts.

I would stick those silly little cameras into their lowest orrifice .

• Upvote 2

I remember your posts about that incident plantfit and the anguish it caused you at the time. As you know we cycle almost daily and see first hand how dangerous some of these cyclists are. The first thing we know that we are being over taken on the narrow tow paths or roads, is when we hear the whoosh at the side of us as the cyclist/s overtakes us. Never a warning bell, they don't seem to have one.

On our cycles we have bells and use them all the time to let pedestrians know we are there. Sometimes. I think pedestrians get the wrong meaning, When we ring the bell. It is not to say"Move out of the way, we have the right to the path, it is to let them know we are approaching so we can all avoid each other". We never ride on pedestrian only paths,

As you say, the camera only shows what it is pointing at, and doesn't show how the cyclist wearing it is behaving, Circumstances change each moment, and a clear view in our cycle mirror, means nothing, because in the second you look in your mirror and back in front again, one of these lunatics can appear from around a bend and be flying past at a dangerous speed. Not a lot of things annoy me but the bad name that cyclists get because of these dangerous people is one of them.

• Upvote 3

I understand what you are saying Carni,we call them "Lycra Louts" out here, they think they own the road instead of the road being for all,as someone in our village said the other week "I don't pay all this money in road tax to drive round on a Sunday at 15 mile an hour" as you know I ride a recumbent trike which is 32 inches wide and I have no problem with motorist passing me and they don't have a problem with me, if I can and it's safe I wave them on if I can't I pull over a bit to let motorists pass, usually they wave back,

Good idea about the dashcam Catfan, will look into that one,thanks

Rog

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...