Christmas Presents, What you really wanted?

On 14/12/2017 at 7:14 PM, loppylugs said:

Actually had the worst choking experience I ever had on one of those cherry creme chocolates.  It sort of stuck in my throat.  I thought I was gonna croak.  Except I couldn't even croak!  :Shock:. Chocolate mint crimes are another dangerous one.  Couldn't speak or get my breath.  Not sure how I managed to get it to clear.  Really careful with those now.  Watch it if you get some of those.

Looking for the perfect gift for SWMBO.....where can I get some?!

slywink

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few years ago we were left a fair amount of money (all gone now though). We paid a one off fee just over £7000, for both of our funerals, cars, services, Flowers, songs  the lot. All the kids have t

How fascinating ....... a thread about unwanted Christmas presents turns into the the cost of funerals!  However, I’m thinking of my good old Dad as he would have been 96 today, but been gone nea

I bought missen me own present this morning. The DVD of It's a Wonderful Life'. But, I hear you all say,  haven't you seen it fifty thousand million times, and haven't you got the VHS tape of it. Well

Back in about 1979 I wanted a Ronson Comet gas fag lighter.  I dropped as many hints as possible wihtout actually spelling it out.  So what did I get? A tool box - which cost more than the lighter but wasn't required because I already had one that was plenty big enough for the few tools that I had at that time..  

• Like 1

Ha, ha, women just don't listen do they ?

• Like 1

I wanted a small women and a large Bank balance, the daft sod got it the wrong way round. Never mind, only 364 more days two Christmas.

47 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Nice new avatar, Lizzie.... 

Thanks Margie, because a few of you other gels have changed their pic I thought Id have a go. I was trying to put up a 17 year old me but it was too big and haven’t figured out how to resize yet.   This one is only a couple of years ago when I was on a fab weekend cruise on the Queen Mary in the company of lots of well-known Nottingham characters, but won’t mention any names!

I don't know how to resize the photos either, Lizzie.  I wanted to change my avatar to a cat but couldn't find a photo that would  fit.  

The picture I had last week of a17 year old me went on without any resizing, but it was a small photo to start with - one of those 'polyphotos' where you had about a dozen photos taken so you could pick one of them to enlarge and frame, perhaps.  The photos were only about 1-2 inches square

Re. Resizing photos.  If I remember rightly there is an option in PI. that gives you an option to resize your photo when you upload it.  Just choose the smallest.  You can always upload it again at a larger size later.

To a degree, you can adjust your avatar photo within Nottstalgia itself - (although this might not work depending on the size of your original).

1.  Click on the circular image at top right - the actual image, not your name.

2.  Then, on the left, you'll get a larger version of the image; click on the box symbol in the bottom-left corner of that image.

3.  Click on 'Choose single file' and pick the one you want.

4.  Having done that, when you hit 'Save' you will get a grid on the photo where you can crop out parts of the photo you don't want.

I hope.

No thank God!  

Think I may have mentioned on here before that in the Miami Costco they sell coffins (full size ones), in all sorts of colours.  We were astounded to see them stacked up alongside the catering size packs of all other necessities.  Wonder if people buy one and keep it in the shed, just in case?  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

No thank God!  

Think I may have mentioned on here before that in the Miami Costco they sell coffins (full size ones), in all sorts of colours.  We were astounded to see them stacked up alongside the catering size packs of all other necessities.  Wonder if people buy one and keep it in the shed, just in case?  

Odd as i may be getting, thats even to much for me. My coffins came with a shop so not as odd as just two on there own.