On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 1:08 PM, catfan said:

I'm an ex smoker too. What I hate to see is people trying to smoke one of those bleddy vape things, if yer gonna pack up then bleddy pack up.

Spotted this number plate yesterday the wording under the plate made me wonder how many vape shops do we have in Nottingham? & how many folk now put this sh1t in their lungs?

C3ryx7oXUAI_dfK.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holding the door open for people and being totally ignored....so rude. I always say ' that's alright duck, I hold the door for anyone ' but always get a blank look. ( Sorry if this has ben mentioned b

Like i said Nonna.........love to greet people in their own language........and i got most of the words by asking the teenagers,.........however the other week i was dealing with some Punjabi teenager

Yes,and he still won £3666.......said hes going to 'blow it' on a trip to Vegas.........bet he can't find it..........

Too many by far I'm afraid.

They've obviously learnt it from the drivel on TV 

One thing that rattles me intensely, is the misuse of our language. A recent example is the use of TOXIC to describe something that the speaker dislikes. It's totally over used in order to try and over emphasise their views, and an attempt to bamboozle the less informed.

Domestos and Parazone are toxic. Having opposing views to the speaker is NOT !

• Upvote 2

The type of drivers that I've recently taken a particular dislike to, are the mindless chavs that think it's clever to have little toy animals and dolls hanging from their rear bumpers, exhaust pipes and anywhere else that they can tie something to.

This morning, whilst stopped at traffic lights on Hucknall Rd, I noticed a small teddy bear hanging from the rear wiper of the car in front. Just as the lights turned to amber, a small child left its mothers side and stepped into the road in an attempt to try and touch the teddy. The mother screamed and grabbed the child by its coat collar. Luckily, I was slow starting off, or else there could have easily been an unbelievable tragedy. 

I know there's always been the sight of dustbin lorries having things tied to their radiator grills, but this new fad is completely ridiculous to say the least. 

Slow shoppers RR. I like to get It done in one go. I start off quite enthusiastic, but when I'm just inside the door, I become irritated, impatient and especially in any Tesco's , uncontrollably edging towards violence !

• Upvote 1

I've decided not to compete for the Victor Meldrew Award this year.

Telephone operators who don't listen to what you're trying to tell them.

I was expecting a parcel last week which turned out to be undeliverable because I believe the driver went to the wrong address. We have two roads of the same name, one is a street and the other a road. 

One in the historic part and one in the outskirts. But try to tell the operature and she just insists that the address if its correct thats the one it should be delivered to. Thats not the case as with this particular currier we always have problems. They don't have a navigator. We don't have problems with any other currier so for the second time in a week I am waiting for a telephone call from the local company. Not a good start for a Monday morning.

I wish Loppy that I spoke to her in english and she understood, I would have said a lot more and reported her for her attitude but she didnt give me the chance. In any case the parcel arrived this afternoon with the usual driver. He saidhe was off on Thursday when it was supposed to be delivered and there was anew driver. So no doubt he went to the other street!  

• Upvote 1

Loppy,

With my family, husband and son and daughter mainly english . My dil italian although she does speak english with a Nottingham accent. :blink: With my in laws always in Italian although a couple of neices speak english, french and one speaks chinese. I always speak in Italian with them though, don't know why, maybe because I've always done it. 

I sometimes answer my daughter and husband in Italian if they start to speak to me in Italian. Sometimes we dont notice that we are speaking in a different language. Other times speaking in english referring to an object or occasion etc we use the italian which is often easier to remember , so it must be weird to hear us talk to each other. I try to speak to the grandchildren in english but its difficult . When they started school the teachers told us NOT to speak to the children in english because they could get confused. How stupid because children adapt but unfortunately we obeyed but I wish we hadnt.

The boys do understand everything and speak it very well but get stuck with the fluency ! Chloe tries but she's afraid of making a fool of herself so I make a point of trying with her but she's very shy.

I have a couple of english friends that live here but most of the others are italian .

Adesso vado and watch tv. Buona night or good notte.:rotfl:

• Upvote 3

I think its lovely Nanna..............i mix every week-end with several nationalities..........and have largely mastered 'Hello welcome' thankyou' and goodbye.......in about six languages.........the look on their faces especially the kids is fantastic........sometimes get confused and can't remember which words for different languages.........so use the Spanish hola,beanus dias,Hasta luego etc, but they all respond with high fives..........makes my day..................

• Upvote 2

Ben it is lovely to be able to speak another language. Years ago when we still lived in Nottingham, my daughter ( who has beautiful big blue eyes) was walking through Boots and passed 2 young men. One said to the other " che bella ragazza" ( what a lovely girl) my daughter chuckled to herself and turned round and said "" grazie" the boys were dumbfounded. So sometimes its nice to know if people are talking about yousmile2 

• Upvote 4

Ben heres another one if you meet any italians. Buon giorno, salve ( pronounce the e which makes it salveh)  ciao ( chow) 

and to prove that you know a bit more , :biggrin:come stai or more politely come sta. They'll really feel at home.

• Upvote 1

It may or may not surprise you to know Red,..............that i have worked in such place.........Harmondsworth........just for a few weeks,about 12 years ago..............

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Ben it is lovely to be able to speak another language. Years ago when we still lived in Nottingham, my daughter ( who has beautiful big blue eyes) was walking through Boots and passed 2 young men. One said to the other " che bella ragazza" ( what a lovely girl) my daughter chuckled to herself and turned round and said "" grazie" the boys were dumbfounded. So sometimes its nice to know if people are talking about yousmile2 

Like i said Nonna.........love to greet people in their own language........and i got most of the words by asking the teenagers,.........however the other week i was dealing with some Punjabi teenagers and asked one them how to say 'have a nice day'..............he told me.................and i started using it..........to much hilarity among the receivers ,little bugger had taught me to say................''hello i'm a Donkey''............lol...............little gits

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4