Who's arguing?, Just expressing my view, sorry if you don't like it, but like you say ' different members have differing views '. The

• Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A view about twenty minutes from where I live. To create ambience. The severn sisters.

There is a huge majority on this site who believe that the site has improved considerably in the last few weeks.   However, I urge this majority to remain silent and not rise to any attempts

Me & me Bro first day back to school   

Jeeeezus, the guy's are no longer posting on here yet you still got to have a pop at them, you've hounded them out now be satisfied at that

Rog

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, trogg said:

Please can we have the old Nottstalgia back, the times when members were polite and friendly and didn't use every chance to score points off of other members posts.

Its gradually getting back as it used to be. Members are actually enjoying the old style NS. The problem was that the site was being monopolized and it didn't give others a chance to post. If those members have decided to leave maybe they've found the tranquility not to their taste. This statement hasn't been written to provoke any nasty responses and I hope it's given us a little reminder what the site is about , Nottingham and it's inhabitants. As Trogg says, members were polite and friendly and I'll add there was a lovely atmosphere joking between members and worrying about their health and wishing them Happy Birthday and enjoy your holidays. Have a good journey etc etc. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Jeeeezus, the guy's are no longer posting on here yet you still got to have a pop at them, you've hounded them out now be satisfied at that

Rog

I had not realised they had left .....assumed maybe on holiday. Hounded out seems rather strong they were both well able to fight their corner.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

They were hounded out Gem, and no matter what they said or did they were ganged up on by a minority of members,they had a lot of input into this site and like others have said they are missed,as for being able to "fight their corner" when the comments being thrown at them and their posts from just a few it all becomes too much so they just gave up,

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There is a huge majority on this site who believe that the site has improved considerably in the last few weeks.

However, I urge this majority to remain silent and not rise to any attempts to re-ignite old arguments. It will only drag us back to where we were a month ago.

Beware possible hidden agendas!!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

That's an interesting statement, AfferGorrit. For the purposes of clarity, could you be a little more specific with regard to the 'huge majority' you refer to. Approximately how many would you say? How have you come by this supposition?

What do you mean by 'possible hidden agendas'?

You are probably not aware TBI that there is a large section of the members using the PM system. No-one is going to clarify that further, the PM system is just that - private.

As PF has said it's over and done with, lets let sleeping dogs lie eh?

• Like 2

Ah, is that the answer to my question, Brew. The 'huge majority' are in covert communication by PM. Might that not be construed as the 'hidden agenda'?

On the face of it, I merely see the same handful 'liking' each other's posts to indicate some sort of solidarity and purporting to speak for a majority.

If members want to let sleeping dogs lie, keep schtum!!

Seriously?

9 minutes ago, TBI said:

On the face of it, I merely see the same handful 'liking' each other's posts to indicate some sort of solidarity and purporting to speak for a majority. 

I'm quite sure you are, Brew. Just the first bit of my question to AfferGorrit which you have indicated you can answer, what number is that 'huge majority' ? Don't need any names obviously as it's private, not an exact number, just a ball-park? Shouldn't be difficult for someone who can count, should it?

Anytime you want to let sleeping dogs lie, feel free to ignore me. I'm just an Independent, no axe to grind, just asking for clarity. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, TBI said:

Anytime you want to let sleeping dogs lie, feel free to ignore me. I'm just an Independent, no axe to grind, just asking for clarity

OK..

12 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Waddo, it's not the quantity of posts that is important. It's the quality and content.

Thanks fly2..my karcher charger has a faulty connection..learn something everyday..as you say it's the quality of posts that count..

When I signed on to join this international society, I did ask the question " should all post's be Nottingham related or could be anything?".

I didn't get an answer so I assumed it could be owt. Hence the Beekay thread. I found it beneficial to add a comment to something that is of interest, I would be horrified to think I was intruding. PLEASE FORGIVE THIS  BUTTING IN FROM A RELATIVE NOVICE, I don't know anyone well enough to pass judgement, but, only what I read. Reckon I'll stay on Beekay's paintings. Kindest regards to all. B.

• Like 1

Jump in and post what you want Beekay, don't worry about the odd one or two who think we should only post what they like

Rog

13 minutes ago, Beekay said:

When I signed on to join this international society, I did ask the question " should all post's be Nottingham related or could be anything?".

I didn't get an answer so I assumed it could be owt. Hence the Beekay thread. I found it beneficial to add a comment to something that is of interest, I would be horrified to think I was intruding. PLEASE FORGIVE THIS  BUTTING IN FROM A RELATIVE NOVICE, I don't know anyone well enough to pass judgement, but, only what I read. Reckon I'll stay on Beekay's paintings. Kindest regards to all. B.

All of us on here have connections to Nottingham and that is what unites us.  I don't think that posts need to be just about Nottingham.   You keep posting what you want to, BK.   We will be interested in everything you post, and not just in your paintings xx

Maybe if I start answering my own posts, I can't fall out with anybody. I'll start with, I used to go to Radford blvd school, 1954-58, but not anyone else on here who went at that time. Perhaps I were on me own and never realised it. I could have been in the Twilight zone.

Note ! Tongue firmly in cheek:sorry:

• Like 1