• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

Looks like the word & song players have woke up bored to death, here have something Nottingham.  Have a good day, try & get yourselves outside today, it's later than you think    

On 12/19/2018 at 10:42 PM, IAN123. said:

Was it Beekay that piloted these 43's?1965-Nottm-Mkt-Sq-Trolleybus.jpgSlab Square '65.

No Ian, by 1965 I was driving up at Bilborough depot.

• Like 1

Slip of the halo possibly Lizzie.

Yes, those are doors directly facing the chip shop. Kicked many a football up against the shutters, that's before those swing doors were added, the scabby bit of partition wasn't there either. We used to muck about in there until we got chased out. Down behind those buses out the other end on the left were the scrap bays. We used to furtle out the wheel bearing races, crack them open and use the ball bearings for marbles.

• Like 2

69 .......Long Row to Rolleston Drive, Arnold.  The bus I used several times a week to get to work and down town to enjoy myself in the 60s and early 70s.  Every morning at 7.50am I sat on top deck putting my mascara on!  After I moved from Nottingham in 1975 I never got on a bus again for 30 years as we lived in villages and public transport was very limited, but it all changed 15 years ago on our return.  Nottingham really has a fantastic public transport system.  

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Nottingham really has a fantastic public transport system.  

So long as you don't refer to the trams !

56 minutes ago, Waddo said:

So long as you don't refer to the trams !

I’ve rarely ridden on the tram system but have to say that it’s the easiest and best way to get to QMC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It certainly is Lizzie,, (despite my overcrowding experience the other day,,not their fault its so popular)  Read somewhere that Nottingham is one of only eight City's in Britain with a Tram system ?

QMC service is brilliant,,,step off the Tram you not only at the QMC ,,you are in it !!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I know its not a city. Tongue was firmly in my cheek when writing. Seaton has got one too. Bin on that as well.

• Like 1

Blackpool

Sheffield

Newcastle

London

Nottingham

Birmingham/Wolverhampton

Would guess the others in Scotland Glasgow/Edinburgh,,?

Nearly forgot  Manchester

I derided the tram system initially, but having had to use it several times over the last couple of years between Basford and Hightields / Beeston, I've found it so easy. No changing busses, no traffic congestion along the Ring Road, and no dodging drunks and dopeheads through Bilborough and its environs. Marvellous!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I’ve rarely ridden on the tram system but have to say that it’s the easiest and best way to get to QMC.

Personally, I would have thought that the easiest and best way would be by ambulance, right to the door. Lol

4 hours ago, denshaw said:

Is there a tram in Croydon?

Yes Den,,when i said London that was Croydon,

In a similar vein, there are four Nottingham trolley buses at the Sandtoft Trolley bus museum, well worth a visit on a running day for public transport fans

• Like 1