If you aint got it yet Nottingham, batten down the hatches as we are in the middle of one helluva storm !! hail , rain , winds to topple trees , the lot !!

You tend to get the weather about an hour after us so keep safe folks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Santa’s been! He’s left me a small polythene greenhouse!

I have the donkey in the garden to check the weather if its dripping its raining if it is white it is snowing if you can not see it it is foggy if its tail is wagging it is windy if its gone we have h

So far...So Good. Stay at home the weather man said, so we have. We are sorting out cupboards and drawers. 20 assorted pairs of shoes(That is all I will admit too?, (2 full scanties drawers(Thanks to

We've got a gudun going on here too. Wind and rain all day, turning to snow tonight. You should be getting it sometime next week!

Over an inch of snow last night, tad early for us... Last year was a long cold winter, I think this one is measuring up the same so far.

I had to fetch SWMBO from work in it !! Blown all over the place !!

It cleared up and the sun actually came out for the rest of the evening !!

• 3 weeks later...

We've just had a real heavy snowfall (Unforecast , so none of the roads were gritted) it's settled and the driving conditions can only be described as treacherous.

I've just got back in (14.20hrs) from collecting the wife from work (12.50hrs) taking her over to her mums house to check for parcels as they're away on their jollies (About two mile away on the other side of town) coming back here (Never made it) and changing my mind and taking her straight back to work !!

So watch out Nott'm it's on it's way (If you haven't already got it!!)

Thawing out there now, just been to fetch the kids from school , and had snowball fights on the way home , but they were more like 'slush ball fights'

We dont have snow yet.. Seen a few statuses on facebook where so many people said it was snowing - I SEEN NO SNOW MYSELF! But its certainly too cold for my liking :( & in that 'storm' we had.. i have a stand alone rotary washing line.. Well, that landed in next door but ones pond! Quite awkward having to explain its mine and could i get it back please, felt like a child asking for my ball back hahaha!

• 5 years later...

I think it's the haze in front of it. Nice and warm though. I doubt we'll get anything other than a stiff breeze !

Cloudy here in the Grand Duchy.  Wind isn't especially strong yet.  We can cop for some hum dingers here as there's nothing between us and Liverpool Bay.  We have a 'yellow' warning of wind for later but the wind is from the south at present.  Warm out though.  :)

Been thinking of relevant music to play this afternoon.....

Stormy Monday..... The Allman Brothers, Storm Warning..... Bonnie Raitt, Bad Moon Rising..... CCR, Let it Rain..... Johnny Lang, Walking in a Hurricane..... John Fogerty. Like a Hurricane....... Jeff Healey . That'll do for starters !

On reflection your Orange Sun could be caused by Saharan dust being blown up from the south.

A bit sunnier here now and our sun is orange too.

We're doomed..  DOOMED I Tell You...  DOOOMED!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSc_hLeFkSse125OYKNtvE

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, my car windscreen was covered in damp beige dust when I ventured to Aspley this morning.

Just looked outside and the sun is definitely orange now and the haze round it has gone.....  everywhere is very still with no wind at all.   It's very strange weather.

I hope our old friend from Tipperary isn't too affected by the high winds over in Ireland!

• Upvote 1

Just seen a photograph of Ireland taken from space I am not saying this storm is big but you can't make out the island itself at all.

And of course its Sahara dust I have had the new van 2 weeks tomorrow, already hit in the rear end now covered in sand... might as well get over in one go:angry:

Glorious sunshine and clear blue sky here, so I presume it's all done and dusted ! Panic over !

Haven't seen the orange sun, but I know it has been that colour judging by the photos on the W-ton site. We went to Iron bridge at Telford a couple of hours ago and the sky was a weird beige colour when we left home, and the sun was unbelievably bright, but not orange. Now we have beautiful azure sky with fluffy white clouds, the wind changing from deathly still to almost gale force. The 40foot trees just a few gardens up our hill sometimes bending right over. So glad we are no closer! Really warm as well.

Carni there is an alert on for the west midlands later, keep your head down meduck.

They now saying that as well as Sahara dust there is also some ash and smoke from the fires in Portugal.

Ireland's having a bashing with two unfortunates dead at this time.