Motor Cycle Enthusiast Page

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I've been on this forum a few years now, I'd better put up a few pics of mine, past and present. Currently in the stable; 1942 Harley-Davidson WLC; one of 88,000 produced by the company duri

O happy days; and some sad ones. Top picture is me (left!) and pal Johnny Bennett at a trials meeting at Bevercotes in September 1959. John's mother had the tuffee shop on Nuthall Road. Emigrated to S

Posted Images

My photo of a Manx norton has disappeared so here it is again:

DSC00386.JPG?gl=GB

what a shame the ariel is just left to rot like that wonder if it was a stolen bike or just broke down and the owner just could not be bothered with it.

I had a Honda 50 when I was 16, does that mean I can be classed as a biker? Never took my bike test though as I passed my car test when 17 & bought a Triumph Herald, well you could get girls in the back of that.. :)

There was an MZ abandoned in the hedgerow behind our house once. It was there for nearly a month.

Even the scrap metal merchants ignored it, and I reckon the owner was too embarrassed to come and collect it.

The council finished up removing it.

I had a Honda 50 when I was 16, does that mean I can be classed as a biker? Never took my bike test though as I passed my car test when 17 & bought a Triumph Herald, well you could get girls in the back of that.. :)

yes but nothing like a girl gripping you as she rides pillion lol

yes but nothing like a girl gripping you as she rides pillion lol

I used to take girls on the back round the Bestwood pit car park, was fun, :) Dare not do it on the road as 'Copper John' (the village Bobby) was always hanging round waiting for you to do sumat wrong, never got me for owt though..

I was"nt far from you then colly,used to ride my DKR scooter over Bulwell golf course "humps and hollows" with girlfriends hanging on,1962 ish,

My biking days were 69/70 ish. I was riding the Honda 50 on my 16'th birthday all legal, 1'st time Copper John saw me he stopped me & checked my licence, insurance, tyres, lights & MOT was all correct. (it was) He didn't miss a flipping thing he didn't..

WHAT ! you stopped.

Yup I stopped; well I had to as he knew where I lived coz of my previous run in with him. When I first moved to Bestwood Village we played knock-a-door run, the local kids said "knock on that door" so I did. How was I supposed to know it was copper johns house, he grassed me up to Mam & I got a good hiding.. :)

that was the trouble in them days local copper knew most people in the area so you could not get away with much our local copper whould give you a clip round the ear with his leather gloves and then would go and tell your parents and you would get another.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Every time I got pulled over & being that my dad sold motorbikes & was usually riding one that was not mine

I would give my name & address as a kid that used to beat me up everyday at school , Brian Bloor sorry Brian,----------------------------Not really

Tried it on Joe Thompson once he said I know you, You live round the corner from me .

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

A wolf in sheep's clothing, seen in Sorrento last week.

Harley Davidson with a Velocette tank.
  • 3 weeks later...

Our little town on Route 66, sees an overabundance of motorbikes throughout the year. Most are Harleys. There is a company that runs Route 66 on a Harley tours. Mostly, if not always, they are Europeans that take this tour. Starts either in Chicago or L.A. and rides the whole route. A vehicle accompanies them I assume with a mechanic and spare parts on board, all accommodations are booked for them. We are a day's ride to or from L.A. so regularly see a parking lot of a motel with many bikes lined up. The HOG Rally often comes to town also (Harley Owners Group) for a weekend of games (on a bike of course) parade through town, etc. Lastly, the Run For The Wall group come here every May. This is a group of Veterans who ride to Washington D.C. to the Vietnam memorial there. Williams is their first stop from starting in Ca. The American Legion here feed them all, by closing a block of the street, and setting up tables & chairs for a couple of hundred bikers. The group gathers more riders as it goes east. They get to the memorial in time for Memorial Day.

• 4 months later...