Favourite Perfume/s or Smell

:) The other day I took a walk up to my local shop. Whilst passing a certain house I noticed a wealth of colourful Honeysuckle growing over the hedge and down on to the pavement. I couldn't resist helping myself to a few sprigs - after all the plant's growth was plentiful.

When I returned home I placed the Honeysuckle in a washed out jam jar and placed it in my study.

Such joy the glorious, perfume gives to me; could be the light, sweet smell of Heaven pervading the room.

Cost nothing for such bliss :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the fanciable young man wearing Brut was about 6feet 4, super fit and in looks was a cross between Terence Stamp in Far from the Madding Crowd and Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy then you may recog

#53   The smell of lilac always reminds me of the tree at the bottom of the garden when I was a child. We used to make "perfume" by pulling some of the bracts apart and shaking them up in a

They say that smells and sounds are some of the main triggers of memories. Some that take me back are :- The smell of the cheeses when you went into the Co-op grocery department - Going into the

The scent of honeysuckle is beautiful. I planted a yellow one to grow up and over my patio door some years ago and it offers a lovely fragrance in the evenings while sitting outside with a cup of tea after work.

I have a liking for Buddleia. Not that is necessarily one of the most pleasant smelling plants but because there were several large bushes of it near where I grew up. It reminds me of childhood days and the many brightly coloured, delicate butterflies that used to rest on the shrubs' branches. It evokes an era for me - just like say, a song might.

I love the perfume 'Far Away' from Avon. My mum buys it me every christmas.. I also love their winter berry's body spray/perfume. I love the purple joop aftershave too, At the moment my cubbyhole smells like it because of the other halfs jacket being in there. Lovely.

I think im the only person who likes the smell of Chettles in stoke, the smell of cut grass although it sets the hayfeaver off, sudocrem or how ever its spelt.

And when i was pregnant, one of my cravings was the smell of a cold wet flannel, so i had to leave it and not use it in the bath, leave it out over night so i could sit in the smell sniffing it and repeat the process again... Strange person.

The perfume given off by Eleagnus (Oleaster) is gorgeous to my nose. I have honeysuckle growing in the polytunnel for its late summer fragrance and Jasmine for an earlier perfume.

My favourite artificial perfume is Patchouli - but that shows my age doesn't it <grin>

castrol r always reminds me of the motorbikes in the sixties dont smell it very often now but when you o it takes me right back in time.

i love the smell of most of the sweet smelling flowers too fresia senopsis lillys lavender dew berry ect and one that people often dont notice privite flowers.

The lingering warm tobacco smell that emanated from Players, along Prospect Street, at low level you caught the warm air 'venting' from the basement of number 3 factory........................

• Upvote 1

If you'd stuck some sprigs of honeysuckle in a glass of water, it will eventually produce roots, then you can grow it along your hedge or a trellis..

It grows wild around here, I think it's a native, like the flowering Dogwoods.

White Linen perfume by Estee Lauder is my favourite aroma, as this was what my future wife was wearing when I first met her, in the early Eighties.......

I have a liking for Buddleia

The 'butterfly bush'

Have you noticed how prevalent it (and many other plants) is along railway lines.

Trains play a part in spreading seeds far and wide.

Bacon frying...........Up there with the best. Sunday mornings and the sounds and smell of bacon and eggs frying is one of life's little pleasures! The next is eating it.

• Upvote 1

Iv decided on a new favourite smell.. That smell as you walk into a leasure centre/swimming pool, just love the smell of the reception area of rushcliffe leasure centre! Shame i cant swim though lol

Recently started taking paige there every sat afternoon for a swim. Shes doing great and only been a few times, i on the other hand wont come off the grippy bit in the pool, too scared ill slip and drown lol! Silly me.

I'm with you there Pixie, went to Nole 'ole baths with school for several years, never took me feet off the bottom! I was a lost cause with the teachers who only helped the ones who were not scared. I still don't like being out of my depth, and like my feet firmly planted on the bottom of the pool/beach etc.