What do you think about in the early hours?

My friends 'up north' and I, are of a certain age, where you wake during the night and find it hard to get back to sleep. We used to joke that we should invent a device on your phone (this was when we all had land lines) that had a list of us all, and when you woke in the night, you'd press a button, and your name lit up on everyone elses phone. When they woke up they could see who else was awake and have a chat. It would have wiled away the time.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you seriously think I'm going to put on here what I think of in the middle of the night !!!!!! Firstly, I'd be banned, possibly prosecuted and most probably be beaten up and my legs broken and my

Danny La Rue..........

I find it difficult to get to sleep when women are banging on my bedroom door, I'll have to let them out sometime.

I have periods of insomnia where nothing can get me to sleep. Ive tried everything but sometimes it doesnt work. Usually I hit the internet and prowl the forums. When I used to live in a village in the south Durham area I would simply get up, take the dog out and watch the dawn come up.

• Upvote 1

Melissa J Kelly - Your only as old as the bloke you feel...........

• Upvote 1

Denshawe - Well let me in then, my knuckles are red raw through banging.....

• Upvote 1

I'm back, but I'm not telling what I dreamt about when I rolled over. !!!!!!!!

James and the Giant Peach, and Danny La Rue !!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you have weird imaginations LOL

Lay awake waiting for Michael Flately and Jason Statham to return...............

Interesting supposition hippo girl, but I'm afraid Melton is correct.

It's Danny's dresses and wigs that fascinate me !!!! LOL

• 1 month later...

I've had many sleepless nights recently. It must be due to pre Christmas weight loss.

I look at the illuminated digital clock by the bed and try and work out when it's going to change to the next minute by counting seconds in my head. Or I count my pulse rate, also looking at the clock. It's so boring I often fall asleep doing it!

• Upvote 1

When I go to bed I always think about something or other and I keep thinking about it until I get up in the morning. So, have I been asleep and my initial thoughts continued as dreams, or have I been awake all the time and just been resting?

• Upvote 2

If it's a particular problem you are thinking about, is it resolved or part resolved when you wake up? That happens to me sometimes.

I am terrible at trying to get off to sleep, I will often still be awake in the early hours just thinking I wish I could fall a sleep. When I do eventually get off to sleep, it's time to get up and then I feel cheated.

Maybe I should stop having a power nap during the day.

• Upvote 1