• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

That's great news Michael.

• Upvote 2

That's fantastic. we are so happy for you. it is good to hear that you have some good news at last. Keep us posted as you have been doing. Everyone's well wishes are here with you, every step of the way.

Echo

x

• Upvote 1

So pleased to hear your news Michael. Best wishes to you and your wife for the next round of treatment, one more step along the road to recovery.

• Upvote 2

My wife went to the hospital today for the first of her second set of four chemotherapy sessions. I'm pleased to say that everything went well and she came home with a smile on her face, despite feeling a little bloated with the stuff they'd put in her at the hospital. I was surprised how well she was but it could have been down to all the new medication she's taking...on top of all the other stuff..lol. However, later on this afternoon all her energy went and she spent a few hours sleeping on the sofa. She's been ok tonight though and has spent the evening watching TV from the sofa. Hopefully, she'll feel good tomorrow so that she can mow the grass, do the shopping, do the washing and drying, do the cooking, do the house, do the.....no, I don't think so either. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

I know it is an uphill struggle Michael, but with a little humour and both of your two's positive attitude your good Lady will turn a corner soon.Antoinette reads all your posts and sends love to you both.

I wish you and your wife a long and happy future. Hope everything goes OK.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, BilboroughShirley. My wife's new medication is causing her a few problems, as the doctor said it might. For the last couple of days her hands and ankles feel as though someone has beaten them with a hammer and she's felt faint a few times. She's also still feeling exhausted when she tries to do anything. I tell her constantly that I will do everything for her but she says she wants to do things to keep active. We accept everything that happens because we know that you have to go through these things before you get better. She's usually a lot better after she's had a sleep. She woke up tonight and asked me what I was doing. I told her that I was on the Internet looking up the old British Rock & Roll singers. I told her that I was reading about Wee Willie Harris and, after a pause, she said, with a cheeky grin on her face, "I wonder if it was?". What a girl. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

We do but it's hard at times, Newbasfordlad. She's had her first set of four chemotherapy sessions and is now on her second set of four. Like I stated before, her hands and ankles hurt and she also gets a bad taste in her mouth and furry tongue which affects her when she eats. There's other things but I don't want to bore everyone. She has three more chemo sessions and then she has her mastectomy. After that it's fingers crossed that everything will be ok. There's nothing anyone can do to change things so we just get on with our lives as best we can. Because of her treatment she's lost her hair, put on weight and other things but I've loved her since she was just turned sixteen and no matter what they do to her I will always love her and be by her side in her fight against her cancer.

• Upvote 4

It really is a tough time for your wife Michael, reading your description of her side effects from the Chemo she must feel quite poorly at times. What a lovely thing for you to say in your post above. I am sure you lift your wifes spirits with your dedication to her, at this time when she needs it most. Take care. Our thoughts are with you both.

• Upvote 1