I have spent a lot of time in and out of hospital this winter. I wish you all the very best. They are on your wife's case and she will be in very good hands, I can assure you.

Wishing you both the very best

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

As above Michael.

• Upvote 1

Michael, having been through this ourselves over the past year or so, I can't say enough how fantastic we have found everyone in the NHS and how understanding and supportive they are. I'm sure you'll find just the same to get you through this worrying time.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I went to the hospital today for the results from the scans and it was bad news. She has to have a course of chemotherapy to reduce the cancer and then have a mastectomy. After this she will have a course of radiotherapy. Last year my wife tore the tissues down her right hand side and it's caused her a lot of pain. Recently, she has had back pain and also round the other side of her body. She was certain that this was because of the cancer spreading and it was a massive worry for both of us. When we saw Mr. Chan today he told us that the scans had shown that the cancer had not spread to anywhere else in her body. You can imagine how we felt to hear this news, we were so elated. When we got outside we sat on a bench in the sunshine. We sat cuddled up on the bench crying with happiness. I really thought I was going to lose her. Ok, she has cancer and she has to lose a breast and go through horrible treatment, but she won't die and will get better after her treatment. That is the most important thing of all.

• Upvote 9

That's the best possible news, under those circumstances, Michael. You must both be so very relieved to know the cancer is localised and a good prognosis. My best wishes to you and your missus.

• Upvote 1

So sorry your wife has to go through this illness Michael. Thank Goodness it has been caught in time, and she has got you by her side to help her through her treatment, that is so important. You both are in our thoughts.

• Upvote 2

In the circumstances, that's great news Michael. All the best to you both.

• Upvote 1

Only yesterday I had results back from a PSA test (a test for cancer) which showed normal readings having previously had an operation to eliminate cancer.

Its a blessed relief.

I truly know how you must feel.

Good luck to you both for the future. You have each other and that's worth everything.

• Upvote 7

Michael, although there is a lot to go through in the near future, it is such good news that the cancer hasn't spread.

Graham, good news for you too about your PSA levels. We know what you mean ......

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your kind messages, they really lift you when you're down, as a few Nottstalgians already know and I've really appreciated them. Thanks.

Graham, I'm really pleased your results were good and I wish you all the best for the future.

• Upvote 2

When we saw Mr Chan on Tuesday my wife was told that she'd have to return to the hospital in three weeks for a chat about her trearment. Her treatment would then start sometime after that.

She got a call from the hospital yesterday teatime to inform her that she has to go for a chat on Monday and her chemotherapy will start on Thursday. They certainly aren't hanging around, are they.

I know it's daunting, but it's probably good that there's not a long time to think about and wait for the course of chemo to start. Sooner it starts, the sooner it will be finished. Will be thinking and praying for you both...

• Upvote 1