Great news Michael, best wishes to you both.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

Such wonderful news Michael, you can both now start to move on and hopefully put this experience behind you. Onwards and upwards...Bright Blessings to you both.:)

• Upvote 1

Wonderful news Michael, I'm so pleased for you. Isn't it just marvellous that all your Nottstalgia mates have been with you and your wife as you've gone on this traumatic journey ...... wishing your wife all the best for the next batch of treatment

• Upvote 3

So pleased for you both. You must feel relieved that there seems to be no sign of cancer anywhere. Best wishes - you'll sleep well tonight!

• Upvote 2

Fantastic news , so pleased for both of you. I know your wife will sail through radiation therapy. But she will know that shes well on the way to putting it all behind her. All the best to you both.

• Upvote 1

She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it before it'd spread. She also discussed her radiation treatment that she has to have soon to help prevent it coming back. So, fantastic news and lets hope it stays that way. :)

In the nicest possible way............wouldn't it be great if you didn't have to post any more messages on this thread.

• Upvote 5

One of the reasons that I post my messages, regarding my wife, is that they may be of help to anyone in the future who finds they have the same thing. In the future, and if I'm still with Nottstalgia, my wife and I will be only too pleased to discuss it with anyone. It's one thing going on the Internet for information and another thing to read about what happens from someone who's experienced it.

I'd also like to thank you all for your kind messages. I needed a lift because I was feeling a bit down after learning that we'd lost Dat47.

I've mentioned before how much they mean to us. Lizzie made a meaningful comment (#435) 'Isn't it just marvellous that all your Nottstalgia mates have been with you and your wife as you've gone on this traumatic journey.' It summed up how we feel and it's something we'll never forget.

• Upvote 7

Thats the way to do it Michael. I feel the same its good to talk about ones illness unfortunately my only other "companion in illness " was my brother who I lost because he was diagnosed too late. I went for a checkup a couple of years ago and found an acquaintance having chemo. She was terrified and couldn't stop crying. I stayed with her all afternoon and told her my experiences, she calmed down and started to ask me questions. At the finish she had completeley the wrong impression of chemo and radio and also recovery. I am by no stretch of the imagination a social worker nor a councillor but it helped who has become a very special friend. We exchange appointments and checkups. Talk talk and talk some more .Ask, ask and ask some more. Nowadays if its caught early its nothing to be afraid of. But please please please if anyone has a Drs letter to do a small non invasive test don't leave the letter in the rack .....DO IT.

• Upvote 8

I took my wife to the hospital today for a scan and to talk about her radiotherapy. They tattoo'd 3 dots on her upper body which are permanent. It's a marker for when she has her treatment and if she ever needs treatment in the future. If the scan is ok then she starts her radiotherapy at the end of December. When she booked in at the hospital she was given her special car park ticket which allows her free parking every time she goes for treatment.

• Upvote 9

Ive been tattooed too. I have my CT scan on 14 th. Start my diet Saturday .Its nice to be well looked after

• Upvote 3

The sooner the radiotherapy starts, the better Micheal. It won't be long now before your wife will have completed her treatment and can look forward to a break from the hospital. So you are married to a Tattoo'd lady, very modern, lol. I'm pleased to read that your wife will be exempt from the car park charges, as she should be. Best wishes to you both Micheal. We are so pleased every thing is going well.

• Upvote 3

It certainly has been a journey for all the Booth family and the peaks and troughs take there toll,hopefully in some way our fellow members have given a lift to you all when low.

Michael's posts were the first i read when i joined NS,I gravitated towards him..not just because he bears the SUN label..but his gentle and nurturing manner gave me an insight to an unmet man who is a great Dad and Husband!

I have gained from his strength and wish him and all Michaels family the best Christmas ever!!..we'll have a drink one day,Ian and family.

You're getting there Michael, best wishes to you wife.

It's OK giving you/ her a free parking ticket but it would be nice if you could find an empty space to park in. Every time I've had to go to City Hospital in recent years I've given up driving there, they could do with building a multi-storey car park.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I took my wife to the hospital today for her first radiotherapy session. She was getting a little concerned yesterday because she was developing a cough and you have to lie still for the radiotherapy. She phoned her doctor for some emergency medication and it seems to be working ok. After we'd got to the hospital we went into a room where a chap went through the procedure and gave my wife a timetable for the dates and times of her appointments. She then went into another room for her radiotherapy. She told me that they drew markers on her body and aligned the machine before starting the treatment. The treatment lasted about fifteen minutes without any discomfort and then she was allowed to leave. She was told that there could be side effects, mainly skin problems and fatigue, so as she gets into her treatment she may experience these. But, like everything else, she'll deal with them as they arise. :)

• Upvote 1