Personal Faults, quirks, frailties and idiosyncrasies.

In the five years I've been on here, I think that virtually everyone of long standing has had a moan, groan or a gripe about other members, or people in general, and has had a view on what everyone else does wrong.

I was wondering what we all thought were our own personal faults.

I've had some time on my hands lately, and after long though and deliberation, the only fault that I can remotely attribute to myself is that I sometimes fill the kettle too full.

What are other members personal faults ? Come on, nobody is perfect!

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was asked once at a job interview what my main fault was. 'I'm too honest' I said 'I don't think being too honest is a fault' said the interviewer 'I couldn't give a toss what you think' I replie

My missus says I've got two faults, one I don't listen to her, I don't know what she said after that.

Well, I'm certainly not perfect. I can remember making a mistake once about, let me see, it must have been fourteen years ago I guess...

When I was in the world of work, from time to time we had assessments and appraisals. One of the questions that always came up was ' describe your weaknesses '. Obviously it was expected that one would be both perceptive and honest enough to admit a few 'development needs'. I used to put that sometimes I could be criticised for being overly-generous and too forgiving of fools.

• Upvote 3

Not only do I put too much water in the kettle, I boil it several times before I actually get round to making the tea. Usually because I find other things to do at the same time (women are great at multi tasking), and as the water must be boiling for a decent pot of tea I have to keep switching the kettle back on..........

• Upvote 2

Sometimes when I've been in pain I snap Mrs Catfan's head off sometimes when she fusses a bit. Wrong I know & realise afterwards, but I want to be left alone.

I always apologise too. Other than that I am absolutely perfect, I even marked the fill line on the kettle so Mrs Catfan wouldn't overfill it ! hellothere

• Upvote 4

We'd never have guessed. LOL

I sometimes say something (often something a bit negative) before I've really thought it through..... actually it's more like I've been THINKING about saying something, but decide NOT to say it ........ then my mouth takes over and I say it anyway!! Very annoying because it surprises me every time I do it! There must be a little switch in my brain that isn't working properly. I suppose it's like a very very minor form of Tourette's, but at least I don't swear or shout out obcenities!! Hope that makes sense....

I'm better when I'm writing stuff because I have more time to think about what I want to say....

• Upvote 4

I don't think there's anyone who hasn't got faults even though some won't admit them. I think my worst fault is untidiness even though I recognise it and after a time have a tidy-up it's not long before the untidiness returns!

Carni, I do that as well, but sometimes it's because people don't seem to have understood me the first time!!

• Upvote 2

I open my gob before thinking - then wish I'd kept my gob shut, but it's too late then init... I'm bone idle, SWMBO says I spend more effort on avoiding work than if I'd done the job in the first place... I talk while SWMBO is watching her soaps, the shouting then starts... I forget to fill the windscreen washer bottle, then it runs out on a horrible murky night..

• Upvote 2

I get a bit snarly when we pull up to an intersection and Mrs Loppy says, "its clear on my side." I know she means well, but I'll look for myself thanks. There may be half a dozen cars on my side. I'm not gonna pull out 'til I've looked both ways!!!

I don't like backseat drivers.

• Upvote 2

I once left the cap off the toothpaste.

But seriously:

I tend to be self obsessed, but will also go out of my way to help people.

I often speak before I think.

I sometimes don't speak up when I should and let things fester.

Col

• Upvote 2

My mouth goes into gear before my brain.

But I admit I will say what I think and blow what happens ex! When being served the assistant looks down in the mouth I would ask if she/he are happy in their work, and if not there are plenty out their who would like there job! also I had to go to the job centre a young girl behind the desk told me that I needed more training. Now not to be-out done Apprenticeship in hairdressing at 15, salon owner, 730 teacher training, d32 d33 to assessor, and many more, I ask the girl what qualification's she had and if she could not match mine then I would be pleased to take on her roll.

She ignored me and offered me a job (minimum wage)

10/10 to her.

Also when on the tram if people start swearing and I have my grandson with me I will ask them nicely if they will please put a sock in it, this often doe's not go down to well, but at least they stop swearing. One day though some one will probably give me a punch.

Just one more!! out in a pub one night master meet an old school friend, now I thought us women could talk but this chap went on-on-onnnnnn in the end I just ask him if he ever shut his mouth and gave the other end a chance. Master took me home.

• Upvote 2