Compo

Whatever happened to......?

And another memory. 1979 ...... we went for a week’s holiday to Yarmouth with a toddler and 2 month old baby.  The Prom was green, completely covered with greenflies, the whole area was green.  

You're right Lizzie, I've never seen any greenfly on our roses this year. Too hot for the little beggars !

I miss the ladybirds though.

There was something on the radio about Ladybirds..they  eat catapillars or summat.

We have two cheeky robins...one in each area...they squabble with the wagtails like mad.

When I used to drink in The Gregory & there was a big night on @ The Marcus Garvey, we where always told be look out for each other when the Yardies turn up?  Whatever happened to Yardies?

• Like 1

And guns !

Most came to Nottingham from Birmingham in the 80s and 90s not nice people...........

On my brother's stag night someone took one of these from a hole in the road and left it at my brother's house. It must have been reported because a day or two later the police came and charged him with theft. When it came to court he told the story of his stag night and was given a reprimand by the beak.

• Like 1

Lovely chap,,when I'm proper again,gonna try and meet him for coffee,, 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Me too. We had time to gently ingest the contents, and invariably there was a good description accompanying it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I think he's just biding his time Ben !

• Like 2

Great guy.  I really miss him.  A good moderator too.  he wasn't afraid to wave the stick if we got out of line.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

It was a great relief to supermarkets when the de rigueur colour for bathroom porcelain reverted to white in the early '80's and they didn't need to dedicate half of their total shelf space to different colours of toilet rolls.

Which was another thing - so-called 'crafters' used these toilet rolls to make paper flowers to sell at jumble sales.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LizzieM said:

CliffTon ........ really enjoyed his photos and posts

Keep one & song done him in :inthebin: wondering what happened to the bill payer for this site, sure its up for renewal very soon?  Would you pay for a seat you do not sit in? :crazy:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Good post jonab..i do remember flowers being made..i used to attend fundraisers at the Hospice on Woodborough Rd.

• Like 1

Why join a site of you are going to ignore some members, if you really have to ignore people don't advertise the fact

Rog 

(a persistant poster of late)

• Like 2

I only ignore those I find irritating. There’s a difference between regular interesting postings and clogging up the site with irrelevancies. Too late I’ve already advertised the fact!

• Like 1

Besides Izal or Bronco..there was a Ladies scented version. Discovered this when a Caretaker at a National School.