• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

It must cost an absolute fortune to run those chillers.

Supermarkets are HV customers and have their own substation

Having worked in Supermarket maintenance for 25 of my 51 working years, I can confirm that refrigeration costs a massive amount to run as it's on 24 / 7 / 365 (6).

I finished work (used to be called retiring) 5 years ago before the massive energy cost increases, but even for the 10 years or so before that, most major supermarkets were spending millions per year on energy savings and seeing a return.
And all but smaller High St stores have 11kv supplies, typically 1000 / 1200kva.

I can also confirm that as a commercial user supermarkets pay a far higher price per unit than domestic customers.

Not a good start for our 61st anniversary. Roads are flooded on our route to the hotel so rather than risk it, I have cancelled. I had booked a nice hotel in Chester where we would have done the history tour, but heavy rain all day would have spoilt that. Try again later this month. Until a few minutes ago Mrs PP didn't know where we were going :rolleyes: Anyway, we will have a nice lunch somewhere today.

• Like 4

Seems we missed the worse up here in the Grand Duchy

I hope everyone stays safe and dry.

My congratulations to Mr and Mrs P P.

I got out of hospital yesterday and so far it's going OK. Still not much strength in new knee, but it's only been 4 days. I'm getting by on a few paracetamol. 

Just need to keep on with the exercises.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So sorry for your spoiled anniversary PP. These things always come at the wrong time. Our 50 th was ruined because of covid and my 80th well I wouldn’t have had it any different. My husband was in hospital having an op for his back. But we make up for them in other ways or other times and I’m sure you will enjoy it soon. Hope the floods soon clear up.

• Like 1

It's beautifull nonnaB  you see all our skills and talents are not just for styling hair, well done you,   

Thank you. Yes I made it over a few weeks. It’s made of wool not knitting wool but wool from a sheep ( sorry I know you know) that when it’s shorn is washed and carded. I can’t get a supplier here so I order from Germany. I made a sommelier that my daughter uses at the wine festival and yesterday my nieces partner wanted a foto of it to advertise his new wine. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

It's beautifull nonnaB  you see all our skills and talents are not just for styling hair, well done you,   

Thankyou Mary. I love doing these felted dolls and animals. I have so many of them. I’ve even got a hollowed display on the kitchen window sill to give some of them an airing. I’ve always done handicrafts, sewing , embroidery and cross stitch so my handiwork is everywhere. I did 2 pictures of angels in cross stitch and hung them in the bedroom but my husband made me take them down !!!!! :laughing:

• Like 2