How's your day?

28 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

They’ve still promised the delivery by 10pm so I guess some poor sod’s got to finish his round. :(

Is it an inflatable dinghy? By the look of the Trent, you might need it.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I already have an inflatable dingy in the garage. I’ve been watching the van’s progress online with interest. He’s turned off the A1 and made his way through the villages by the back lanes,  obviously following his satnav. At the moment he’s in Staythorpe and will be in for a surprise when he finds he can’t get past the riverside at Fiskerton. I was going to tip him handsomely when he finally gets here but I find I’ve only got a fiver and the item’s worth less than £12. 

He's bypassed the Fiskerton floods by taking the back lane to the racecourse. He’s on the Fiskerton Rd. near to where he first got stuck. He’s just a mile away and if he takes our back lane he can avoid the floods. This is fascinating!

He’s turned round and gone back to near Letsavago’s house!

He’s been stuck in Morton for ages. Perhaps in the pub?

You could serialise all that Phil. I'd read it.

An interesting fact I've just found out, ( from Canada no less ). I knew I was related to Jayne Torville, but just been informed, her father was my Great Uncle. My Grandads sister, married her dad.

Anybody want me autograph?  :rolleyes:

Just come back yesterday from a short break in London. Kath was there at the same time and we were hoping to meet up but things went wrong for us as we arrived. Arriving late and unable to do what we had planned, we made it the following morning then managed to fit in with our prior arrangements. We had many things planned plus my nephew was joining us and he had made plans for us so unfortunately I was unable to meetup with Kath. We did see a panto at the Palladium and had lunch at the Royal opera house courtesy of my nephew and his partner. I think in view of the 4 days free we did well considering that I couldn’t rush around the underground as my back played up.( Think Kaths husband can sympathize with me) I don’t think I’ve seen so many staircases and escalaters. We wanted to do some shopping too but found the shops we wanted were a train ride away so we gave them a miss and went to Harrods and Fortnum & Masons instead. Home now and relaxing with a “ broken back and painful ankles. Never mind it will soon be our wine Festival.:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I hope everyone  is safe from the floods.

21 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

They say that these

three things us baby boomers can remember exactly where we were when we heard what had happened

1 Assassination of President Kennedy (I was waiting for a bust to go to the local swimming baths)

2 Neil Armstrong stepping on to the moon's surface. (Just got home after a night shift)

3 The assassination of John Lennon (I have no recollection of this)

Evening Oz thanks for post  but what I was trying to get at was the things that happened to you, in your life time. if you were there  I remember John Lennon death he was comming out his hotel with Yo-Co ono (not sure of spelling) but please post again with some more memories. Sorry just read my post again itv is a bit confusing. ps We name our second son Neal after Neil Armstrong had walked on the moon (Neal Scotish spelling)

• Like 1

I remember where I was on Sept 11. We went into IKEA  in Turin to find everyone crowding round a tv and thought it was stupid watching tv in a store. Soon found out why.

John Lewis, once the bench mark for customer service. Sadly no more. Impossible to speak to a specific shop, just the central ‘overseas’ call centre. Unhelpful and frankly hopeless customer service. You can’t complain easily, only by email with a case number which you aren’t given.

Frustrating few hours going around in circles the last few days.

• Like 1

The Chairwoman, Sharon White, is due to step down shortly. The organisation has gone down the pan ever since she’s been at the helm. She’s a former civil servant with absolutely no experience of retail. Both John Lewis and Waitrose are no longer what they used to be. I hope whoever takes over can pull the organisation round.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Evening Oz thanks for post  but what I was trying to get at was the things that happened to you, in your life time. if you were there 

As a famous comedian one said, "I remember my wedding like it was yesterday. I wish it was tomorrow I'd cancel the bloody thing" Must be OK as we are still together after 51 years. 

The other significant thing was boarding a Qantas 747 one freezing cold late November morning almost 50 years ago, that was to take us to a new life here in Australia. Something I have never regretted

• Like 4

I am not sure where to post this , but it is certainly not my day. I have just  insured my car , after searching for a better deal I paid £540, thats with maximum no claims and up to 2000 miles per year. I have booked a weeks holiday in Tenerife for the end of this month , so then to the insurance again I used Mr Google, I didnt like the prices so I went to local broker who was the cheapest. With mine and the wifes health problems and age it was £650 for a week, I casually enquired well what is it for an annual policy , £2000 so I paid for the week and we are not going again.

I donot like Insurance Companies anymore and I am going to be a miserable old ***** for a week at least., if I am brave enough.

Not enough annual mileage on your car trogg, you need at least 6000 per year, the insurance companies assume you don't have enough experience driving on todays roads therefore you are more of a risk,I was told that by a good friend of mine in the business

Rog

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I hope everyone  is safe from the floods.

Just been looking on utube. Radcliffe on Trent was on , pretty bad as is Nottingham itself. Hope it stops soon for everyone. 

whoops ! I appear to have lost Nottstalgia off my little Samsung tablet. Buggered if I know what I did.

Any kind person able to tell me how I can reload it. Thought it were in Apps, but apparently not.

Thank you in anticipation.

I was thinking of becoming a flower seller so I could feed the birds at Covent Gardens but thought better of it , the cart was too heavy !!

IMG-5960.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nonna,that cart is certainly crying out for a paint job.

• Like 1

@mary1947.......Have lovely evening mi Duck......

• Like 1

Very happy birthday to you Mary, hope you’ve treated yourself to some winning lottery tickets today!

• Like 1