DJ360

How's your day?

Massimo is sort of 'instant coffee' though isn't it? I spent a few hundred quid on my espresso machine and I don't feel inclined to buy another gadget. I can't even persuade my son to take my coffee machine and he's got more gizmos than me! Give me the simple life!

Thank you Jill,,hope your friends pain dissipates,, 

• Like 1

We’ve got two coffee machines but have reverted back to jars of instant coffee, can’t be arsed with the faffing about. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Each to his/her own.

I never used to like the taste of instant coffee compared with the real stuff. I'm sure it's been much improved over the years and I've probably been given it without knowing. Do people still make proper leaf tea and pour it through a strainer?

You can still buy .loose tea Phil, but it seems rather expensive. We've  still got a glass Bodum teapot, with bulit in strainer. Even got a bottle of Camp coffee, but that's  nearly all chicory. Last time I  had one of those it was in a tin mug with condensed milk, at Chatham dockyard, salute to the 40s.

1960s there were 3 bottle Coffee's on general sale,,,Camp was one ,can you name the other two ?

No idea Ben, pray, do tell.

Not yet BK..........Someone will know 

Correct Sir..............One more  

I don't either Phil  LOL,,, Wasn't thinking of that one,,,no never heard of Bushells,,,,the other one did begin with B,,,,

No Phil,,not even Bescafe.....;)

Last clue..........made by the Brooke Bond tea people.........

Going to have to tell you...........BON

• Like 1

Are yer sure it wornt Bovril.

Marsdens sold all three,,,about 1960...Camp the most popular came in 3 sizes....1/6....2/9   and Cafe size 5/3.........Bon made by Brooke Bond  1/4.....Bev made by the Lyons Tea people  1/3.............all prices subject to alteration depending on memory........lol

Coffee from coffee machines never tastes the same, it's not bad but if you want a good coffee, here at least go to a bar. The blend of coffee and the coffee beans are ground according to the weather ( dampness etc) I have a Dolce Gusto machine. I don't like the coffee in any of its form but the cappuccino and choccocino is quite good.

On the other hand today I had to go to Alba ( 20 mins away) when I got out of the car there was such a strong smell of chocolate.

I immediately thought of Carni. The smell was coming from the Ferraro factory and they were obviously making some of their treats. Wonderful smell.