• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Pubs certainly attract a larger ‘congregation’ than most churches these days. I only go to my local pub once a week for a ‘religious experience’. I did put £14.70 into the collection. Part of that was giving unto others. A pint of beer is approaching the price of a bottle of communion wine!

Ref unwanted cats in gardens has anyone tried one of these metal cat scarers ? I have them at the allotment and they seem to work ! I did test one on my cats and they ran off so worth a go. Amazon have them.

IMG-0262.jpg

• Like 1

After 5 days of Man Flu I was well enough this morning for a 20 min ride and 20 min row on the indoor machines. Still congested but rowing soon clears it up.

Re cats - oddly enough I like our 2 cats. Big Samson and sleek Panto. Big Samson is my mate and I protect him from Patch our Jack Russell. We spend a fortune on them in vet fees etc., in fact Panto cost us £1400 for hip surgery after he was run over. As long as we have them they will receive our care and attention - I just wish that we did not have them. 

• Like 1

Fine morning in Newark, busy market with plenty of stalls which is always nice to see, a strange thing on the market was this giant ironically next to the fresh fish van

Newark_27_04_24_(1).jpg

Newark_27_04_24_(4).jpg. 

sommat to do with save the whales I think unless we had one hell of a storm last night it got washed up from Skegness,

Lovely walk in the sunshine around the castle garden before the clouds took over

Mrs P among the tulips

Newark_27_04_24_(6).jpg

Shed time now so catch you all later

Rog

• Like 4

BK, looking at what comes out of the other end of the dirty little b£$%^ds I 's rather be a veggie, 

CT thats the one, quite a bit going on in Newark this weekend

Rog

Lizzie, we saw loads off Cape Cod on our New England trip last year. They are a sight to behold. Beautiful creatures. Am sure you will see some.

Lizzie enjoy your cruise duck......as mrs B states i'm sure you will see a whale or two............

Did you know that Russia sold Alaska to the USA back in the 1800s....for something like only 7 million dollars.....bet they wish they still had it now.....

25 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Russia sold Alaska t

Russia offered to sell Alaska to the United States in 1859, believing the United States would off-set the designs of Russia's greatest rival in the Pacific, Great Britain.

2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

what our chances of seeing a real whale are? 

Well hopefully you will post some pictures, out of all your globe trotting adventures I don't think you've posted one photo yet Lizzie, please share your experiences with you nottstalgia family I'm sure they'll be much appreciated

Rog

44 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Well hopefully you will post some pictures

Please post some pictures Lizzie. It is a place I always wanted to go to but never made it and  we dont travel very far now. The train journey across Canada was the other one that I wanted to go on , so if this is on TV I always watch it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Well hopefully you will post some pictures, out of all your globe trotting adventures I don't think you've posted one photo yet Lizzie, please share your experiences with you nottstalgia family I'm sure they'll be much appreciated

Rog

@ Plantfit and @troggI will if someone gives me a bit of tuition as I don’t have a clue how to post pics nor videos. Years ago I could do it and remember posting pics of our dogs and our old MF tractor on various topics.  The problem I have these days is that I only use my iPad and before I was using the PC.  

I think it’s more difficult posting pictures on here than on fb or messenger.  I used to be able to do it but not any  more.

• Upvote 1

Just get on a hosting site (I use post image) don't cost anything, download your picture to whatever site you chose, right click on the icon for "posting to forums" then left click when you back on whatever post you on nottstalgia, I'm sure someone will be along with a better description than I just wrote but just play about with it you'll soon get the hang of it

Rog

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, MargieH said:

I think it’s more difficult posting pictures on here than on fb or messenger.  I used to be able to do it but not any  more.

If memory serves me correctly, it was yourself and LizzieM who showed me how to post pix via Postimage. That was back in 2019.

• Like 1