Beekay my wife and myself are being the same, not to the extent as yourselves but we havent left the house for 3 weeks now. Before that we went out but masks have been worn all the time, plenty of gel used and clothes steamed when we returned.  The wife has a lung condition and has emergency antibiotics in the house as our GP believes she has little chance of surviving a full blown lung infection. Usually she is ill with lung problems at least 3 times a year since March she hasnt had one, so the precautions work. These actions make us feel safer and thats what matters to us.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I can agree with your last sentence. On your theory there’s a lot of hullabaloo over nothing too serious. I’m not taking any chances. I’m in the over 70 category so potentially more vulnerable. I’d rather die peacefully at home than gasping for my last breath in the QMC

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I see Morrison’s are giving more key workers a 10% discount plus including them in the “special hour”. Including teachers in it now, says everything I think. 

I too am over 70, have been a smoker most of my life, although I haven’t had a cig since Christmas, although there are contradicting reports on whether this makes it worse or stops you from getting it. I’d rather not take the chance of being in the 0.05%, although it looks like the percentage is actually over 1%.

Looking like full lockdown on Wednesday, just finished work texted a few lads see what towns like, most pubs are doing soup and a roll for a £1 or pork pie & salad £1 Cornish pasty & salad £1 as part of the restrictions.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, alan s said:

I don’t know what the end game ‘tho I have my suspicions.

Ah the secret's out, world domination by China. Wuhan was just an experment to test the effectiveness of the virus. It was carefully created in the nearby chemical weapons factory and not designed to simply kill everyone but to attack the respiritory system. This has several benifits, the elderly are less likely to survive due to age related weakness, after they die the strain on the pension and social system will be much lower. By wiping out the elderly we remove memories and experience, the dead tell no tales and history can be rewritten. The world population will be vastly reduced, energy and food demand brought down for the non contributors. Less people, less pollution. Those who survive will be younger and stronger and can work to support the  state. Thanks to closing school etc. they will be poorly educated and thus easier to bend to the will of the party and the great leaders...

Don't know why I didn't see the truth of it before..

Now, all together.... 

The people's flag is deepest red
It shrouded oft our martyred dead...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Are you actually related to David Icke, Brew, or is he just a friend? ;)

Ha!.. you may scoff but you'll be sorry when they start rounding up all those not wearing the sacred purple.....

5 hours ago, alan s said:

The corona hoax is the climate scam in different clothing. This is about fear, and ultimately control.

Do you not realise how upsetting your remarks can be to a person who has lost a family member.   Has been unable to be by their side holding them at the end watching them fighting for breath. Your ignorance is unsurpassed 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gem said:

Do you not realise how upsetting your remarks can be to a person who has lost a family member.   Has been unable to be by their side holding them at the end watching them fighting for breath. Your ignorance is unsurpassed 

Sorry about your loss @Gem. If I had my way you would have been able to be by their side, I can’t be held responsible for knee jerk reactions. Yearly death rates are average, respiratory deaths lower than average.

Apologies for not being part of the clique @Beekay, I lost a lot of interest when @IAN123. got hounded off the site.

• Like 4

Just trying to remember the rules of lockdown? Initially, apart from key workers and for essential shopping we were not allowed out at all. Then it eased a bit and we could exercise with walking or cycling. Then being able to go fishing or golfing etc. So how do we stand on Thursday? What are the rules?

Our schools are now closed. Lockdown? If it's not happened during the night, it's very close and undecided. Whose fault is it? No body has a clue, but universities and schools opening again, overloaded public transport, returning holiday makers, people travelling in infected areas? Who knows?

Think we will remember 2020 with anger, sadness and memories of loneliness, but also with adapting new ideas, learning new skills and obeying rules.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, alan s said:

Apologies for not being part of the clique

This clique ( a small close-knit group of people who do not readily allow others to join them), is not actually a clique at all. What you find if you can be bothered to look is a group of people who share a common interest and you are welcome to join any of the myriad posts that are under comment and discussion.

As the News of the World once boasted - All human life is here.

Please leave any bad attitude at the door. Thank you

• Like 10