• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did he give him a filling ? LOL

Went to the dentist a few days ago, quick visit to get an jmpression for 2 crowns. Got back home and this is mine and hubby's conversation. He's in the office and I'm shouting to him. I'm home. I

May be the same practice I go to RR, but I have to pay more for the pleasure, being a ‘private’ patient (yet my husband is NHS ...... not sure how that happened) i believe some crafty folk get de

Posted Images

Its funny you should post this. I was gonna post similar, having gone for a check up the other day. I am one who has been terrified of dentists all my life. I went in 1969, then again in the 80's and had some extractions and fillings. I never returned to the dentist till a couple of years ago, when I had to go after breaking a tooth. This was a traumatic event for me having to have a root extracted. Actually it was worse waiting for the treatment than the treatment itself.

I now attend the dentist regularly, and am lucky to have a very nice lady who is late 20's. She is an Iranian import from Sweden?

I got a reminder to make an appointment in July and clear forgot to ring and arrange an appointment. I then saw a news article about it being difficult to get taken on to the books of dentists. I therefore made an appointment before I was taken off the books!

Whilst sitting waiting for my check up/clean, I heard the receptionist telling a man who had walked in that he could not make an appointment, as he had not been coming for check ups. He had been taken off their books. He could however make an appointment and be taken on as a private patient.

I have tried to get SWMBO set up at the same dentist instead of paying the inflated prices of the private dentist she currently has. The answer was that they were not taking any further National Health patients.

And me Teggy's?

Just a 'Scale & Polish' again this time B) £15.50 Thank You

".......Its funny you should post this. I was gonna post similar, having gone for a check up the other day. I am one who has been terrified of dentists all my life........"

Suggest many Nottingham folk, of a certain age, have their inbuilt fear of dentistry traced back to the fearsome School Dental Clinic on Chaucer Street.

Recall going there as a kid, and regarding it as akin to travelling to the gallows.

Seemingly staffed by the English equivalent of those German folks who operated the gas chambers of WWII.

Does the place still exist I wonder...or was it demolished following intervention by the NSPCC? :Vampire:

Since those dark days my dental visits have always been a damp squib.......

"What on earth was I bothered about etc......."

The opposite applied at Chaucer Street.

Cheers

Robt P.

I now attend the dentist regularly, and am lucky to have a very nice lady who is late 20's. She is an Iranian import from Sweden?

Sound's like one of Sheikh's imports.

He was the Nottingham dentist convicted of stealing millions from the NHS. He brought loads of Swedish trained Pakistani, Iranian etc dentists over to work in the surgeries that operated his scams.

I had a bit of a giggle at Den complaining about the cost of his dental work. Here in Oz that sort of job would set you back hundreds! It is cheaper to catch a plane to the Philipines and have your teeth fixed. As for free dentistry-forget it unless you are destituteand want a 5 year wait. However the Ozzies do have the best free Health Service in the world. A couple of interesting points though,-I met a man from Leicester who had emigrated to Bulgaria and on arrival in the country had broken several teeth,he went to the local fang farrier and had numerous tests and measurements, he was told to come back Sunday(yes Sunday morning), on arrival the job was completed and the cost miniscule. Apparently there is a dentist just about on every street corner with fierce competition for business.

Moral go to Bulgaria for your dental work.

Of more interest to Den, is that Romania is next to Bulgaria, and as everyone knows Vlad the impaler(Dracula) lived there. I noticed that it was Den`s upper left canine(the one used by vampiresfor biting and sucking blood,and which is connected by a little syphon tube to the stomach) was the one that was missing. So Den must be starving by now.

So if I were he I would hop on a plane and get it fixed by experts.!!! :Vampire:

Dentists terrify me, hate em with a vengance.

sposed to go and have two fillings, but they don't do the RA (gas and air stuff) now, and can't find one that does, so i aint going. no chance. did ask em if theyd give me valium the same as when i had me wisdom teeth out, nope, wont do that. grrrr!!!

so yep, they scare me loads.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
My great Uncle Ernest was born in 1899, and he had all his own teeth until the day he died. This isn't as impressive as it might at first seem, however, as he was killed on the Somme on his sixteenth birthday.

I thank you Chubby Brown

!rotfl!

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...

Old topic i know but on earliest memories thread dentists came up,and it reminded me of 1969,i was going mad with toothache at 2 in the morning,and drove to General hospital and begged them to take my teeth out,they gave me an address on Mansfield rd and said this Dentist will sort you out,i drove there straight away and banged on the door,an old fella in his dressing gown came and opened the door berating me for not ringing 1st.he took me into his cold surgery and said after examining my mouth,"you have 3 teeth big uns) that need coming out and it will cost you £11,i cant give you any anesthetic at this time of night what do you want to do?

Please just take em out i said,i am in so much pain,anyway he did ,still wearing his dressing gown,it wasnt very nice to say the least,i paid him by cheque thanked him most sincerly and got home about 4-30am.

To my horror about a week later i recieved a letter from him saying my cheque had bounced,after all that man had done for me i was ashamed.I TOOK HIM THE CASH the next day and couldnt apologise enough. could"nt get treatment like that today i bet!

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of dentists! Obviously because i work now, i have to pay for my dental treatment and check ups, check ups being around £30, now at the moment were currently having some financial issues meaning i cannot afford my 6month check up, so iv rang to cancel and explained i will re-book when i can afford it, a week later i recieved a letter saying if nothing is booked within 7 days im being taken off the system. Are they allowed to do this? its quite frustrating!

Pixie, if your dentist is charging you £30 for a check up then they are ripping you off.

Band 1 course of treatment: £18.50

• clinical examination, case assessment and report
  • orthodontic case assessment and report
  • advice, dental charting, diagnosis and treatment planning
  • radiographic examination, including panoral and lateral headplates, and radiological report
  • study casts including in association with occlusal analysis
  • colour photographs
  • instruction in the prevention of dental and oral disease including dietary advice and dental hygiene instruction
  • surface application as primary preventive measures of sealants and topical fluoride preparations
  • scaling, polishing and marginal correction of fillings
  • taking material for pathological examination
  • adjustments to and easing of dentures or orthodontic appliances
  • treatment of sensitive cementum

One of the finest dentists who ever looked at my teeth was a chap from Netherfield who did a bit of work in Bulwell a few years ago. Sadly, he was killed by his young boy friend at the time.

I think the B/F got two or three years for manslaughter.

Did he give him a filling ? LOL

• Upvote 3