Things that pee you off...

Not sure where this post should be but------- talking about things that go beep

When the traffic lights which are near the sun inn in Eastwood  were change they must have caused a lot of people worry!!!!

let me explain

Well you use to press the button for the green man, when it came on you could see it and many of the green men use to bleep, now the green man is on the side of the post with the button that you press and unless you bend over to see if you can see him you would not know when to cross, it's only when other people cross over that you go as well. Also they have lost there bleep, the only one that bleeps is the one going to Morrison's.

Heath and safety gone out of the window? three  problem's 

1/ if you are partially sighted

2/ if you are deaf

3/ if you are both 99% of you being hit by traffic

So who ever decided to put the green man at waist level and remove the bleep on your hands it is if any person get knocked down.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Money grabbing record companies that immediately upon hearing about the death of a singer, rapidly churn out stuff, probably of inferior quality, that they have had laying about on the shelves of the studio for years.

The recent tragic death of Gregg Allman has unleashed an absolute deluge of old Allman Brothers Band live concert material, as well as recordings of radio broadcasts. I spent the majority of yesterday going through my collection of Allmans CD's, plus some concert material that a friend of mine in America sent me years ago. 

I appreciate that over the years, many reissues, remixes, and compilations have been released, and many of mine are repetitions of earlier releases, plus bonus tracks. So, they were all laid out on the dining room table yesterday,  and I had to Google the bands discography and check the track listings. I have luckily not missed anything, but I have still ordered three new ones off EBay of live concerts, despite my having all the tracks on other CD's. 

• Upvote 1

Mary, blind, partially sighted and deaf people know when to cross on 'silent' crossings by feeling under the button box. There is a small projection that spins when it's safe to go. Try the one on Heanor market to see what I mean.

• Upvote 1

Hi Brew did not know about the projection that spins, thanks for the info.

The BBC Nottingham web site.

How many more weeks do we have to put up with the picture of Jean using the hair dryer and that useless Nottinghamshire: Your Questions in the "Features and Analysis" section. If you cannot be bothered to update the site then shut the bl**dy thing down.

• Upvote 1

Schools where parents park both sides of the road to deliver their children and then they let them out of the big 4 by 4 vehicle into the road instead of onto the pavement! The worst place I have come across for this has a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights. Beside this crossing there is now a statue of a small girl in blue school uniform! What is this all about? The first time I saw the statue  was as I drove past one evening. Gave me the creeps.

These mannequins are now quite common outside schools. Presumably, they are meant to grab the attention of drivers and alert them to the proximity of a school and the possibility of children near the road. You're right. They are creepy!

There's a sort of industrial estate in Mansfield where there's a C of E primary school and a Surestart centre just across the road. There's a collection of these 'children' standing on the pavement on both sides of the road. In my previous job, I had to go there frequently and they always made me think of John Wyndham's novel, The Damned!

• Upvote 1

#894 I agree with you Jill about the John Wyndham novel.  He did write some good stuff! 

The little models also make me wonder if this could become a creepy story line for Dr Who. Something akin to the "angels".

From a driver's point of view they are a distraction that we can do without.

The first time I saw them was when I was driving along Hempshill Lane. I was going to the Northern Cemetery to tend to the grave of a foster child who'd been part of my family.

It's true that they seem to be creepy but they do make you check your speed.

If those mannequins give you the creeps just driving past them, imagine how you'd feel if their eyes followed you. I bet you'll remember this next time you drive by them. (Look in your rear-view mirror)

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching the early evening news bulletin and it does my head in when reports come in via skype or webcams and the sound is out of sync. with the reporters lips. Why can't they fix it up before it goes to air?

It irritates me when a character in a TV drama gets a text that's vital to the plot, cue dramatic fanfare or shocked gasp as it's shown, but you'd have to have a 60" screen to read it.

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...