Things that pee you off...

I always tell em Rog ! Mrs C does tell me to behave mesen tho. On a bus the other week sat a young youth in the "please leave for aged or infirm passengers" so I said to him, "Can you read E-N-G-L-I-S-H " ? Him being not from around here, yes he said in perfect english. " So shift yer arse then " was my reply. & he did.

People on all kinds of public transport occupy the seat next to them with their luggage, bag etc. I always politely ask them to move them as I would like to sit there, even if there are nearby empty seats.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Read a recent study ( Dentist Reception) in a magazine... findings reveal men between 18/40 are the rudest co- passengers.

Kit bags/laptops/feet/haversack...and wait for it...thighs!!

The average male 'squeezes' you out by not shuffling in when you sit next to them!

The psyhco babble geezer says men want the both seats- didn't encounter any of this on my recent jaunt over...in fact on the 48 a woman gave a full run down on her love life and status etc..

Must have been that squirt of a free sample I nabbed in Debenhams before I hopped on the bus.

• 3 months later...

Adverts that slow up the loading of web pages and my enjoyment of YouTube.

TV stations that show the same advert multiple times in the same ad break, particularly during sport.

You idiots, it is a great way of getting me not to buy any of your products.

I have never ever bought a particular product because I have seen it advertised.

• Upvote 2

ANY advert that treats me like an imbecile !

• Upvote 1

Effing Google that keeps telling me to use Chrome, I already use it you stupid people go away and rework your algorithms.

Any ad on you tube that forces me to listen to it. Your products are on my never buy list.

• Upvote 1

Reading pathetic stories like this.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/policeman-warned-after-paying-2-for-homeless-man-s-stolen-biscuits/story-30227677-detail/story.html#comments

Is there no compassion left in this country anymore ?  Sometimes I really do despair.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone, eh?  A simple reminder that technically he shouldn't have done that (paid for the goods) would have been enough and saved thousands of pounds.  Who knows how much that simple act of kindness and compassion might have a positive effect?  I'm not condoning shoplifting or lying to cover up the actions taken, but the response seems to be out of all proportion to the crime.

Same everywhere, Mike.  Sign of the times.

#663 664.........completely agree catfan and Loppy..............compassion all but disappeared for the poor unfortunates whilst big business still rob the working man blind..........during my days as a SD always showed compassion,except to the violent offenders............however don't agree with what i read last week where a certain Police force down south stated they would not attend shoplifting offences with a value less than £100 was involved......this gives all and sundry carte blanche( sp) to help themselves and go hang the poor shop assistants.............

• Upvote 3

I was browsing in a charity shop the other week & a lady went to purchase a coat but was 30p short of the £3 price. I put fifty pence in her hand & told her to get her "new" coat !

Nowadays even some charity shops seem to forget what charity actually means.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
2 hours ago, catfan said:

I was browsing in a charity shop the other week & a lady went to purchase a coat but was 30p short of the £3 price. I put fifty pence in her hand & told her to get her "new" coat !

Nowadays even some charity shops seem to forget what charity actually means.

Charity shops just want as much as they can get with no thought to the financial problems of those that shop there.  You can buy a new child t/shirt in Primark cheaper than in a certain "charity shop". A friends daughter donated her wedding dress it went on sale at more than she paid, she bought it from a high street wedding shop from a range that they hire out then sell after cleaning. Now all my charity items go to PDSA.

• Upvote 2

What have they done to our food? Why doesn't it taste like it used to?

As we are well into autumn I thought I would try some new seasons apples so bought a couple of local varieties and looked forward to having them for lunch with a nice crumbly cheese. Beautiful colour, perfect shape, crisp and crunchy but absolutely no taste at all that could be described as apple.

Add to that tomatoes, exactly the same no taste at all. Oh for the days of going into my granddads greenhouse and the smell of the tomatoes alone would have the taste buds working overtime and the taste, sublime! Or going to the allotment and eating fresh picked peas, fresh pulled carrots with dirt on them (heaven forbid) or a particular favorite of mine broad beans straight from the pod.

Once again we have sacrificed what was good on the altar of economics and due to our demands for out of season products the plant geneticists have produced fruit and vegetables that have long shelf life for transport and that look good on supermarket shelves but have no taste.

Or is it just my ageing taste buds?

• Upvote 1

673.   Don't start me on that one Oztalgian.  GMO foods.  Change the genetic structure of foods so they can pour more weedkiller, bug killer to it.  Then make more profit.  When were you or I consulted as to whether we wanted that or not?  These things have not been around long enough to really be sure whether they are causing more cancer and other ills.  Mrs. Loppy bought some canned soup the other week.  Big long blurb on the label, No MSG, no artificial flavors or colors.  So you think this is probably o-k.  When you look closer in tiny letters on the bottom of the label it says.  Contains GMO vegetables.  I would not eat it.  GMO corn is in most of our cereals.  I will not knowingly eat the trash, but I probably do anyway because you have no way of being really sure of most things.  I think there is going to be a terrible price to pay for our kids and grandkids.

• Upvote 1

Bl**dy heck Loppy, your comments caused me to do a bit of research and I found out the following, quite scary! and makes you think about what we are really eating.

1. It is estimated that Genetically Modified Products are in 60% of processed foods
  2. Herbicide tolerance is one of the main reasons for GM in plants. Most GM plants are sprayed with Glyphosate which WHO has said is "probably carcinogenic"
  3. Soy, Canola and Corn oil products often contain GM products.
  4. Corn Syrup, used as a sweetener in many foods and soft drinks, can contain GM products
  5. There are no fresh fruits or vegetables grown in Australia that are GM. Don't know about other countries
  6. We can however import foods that are GM
  7. The approved GM foods for consumption in Australia are soybean, canola, corn, sugar beet, potato, cotton, rice and wheat
  8. GM modified stockfeeds can be imported and fed to livestock that we eat.

Are GM foods safe - The answer is we do not know

If you want to avoid most GM foods avoid heavily processed products, cotton, canola, corn and soy where you do not know the source otherwise eat certified organic products.

• Upvote 1

^^^One of the reasons I GYO when I can. This all started with Boots and Moneymaker tomatoes, motto tomatoes lots of em and forget the taste.

One of the big things over here now are heritage varieties of seed food that tastes like it should do.

That reminds me I have 12 plastic dustbins of spuds to plant this week.

All these so called clebrities who go on tv asking for your money for everthing from food to blankets "do they get paid". Now that would really pee me off.

I endured two hours of Red Nose Day twaddle in the pub on Friday.

I've certainly seen some crap tv in my lifetime, but this took the biscuit without a shadow of a doubt !

• Upvote 2

I'm certainly not anti Red Nose Day but I thought the first parts of the programme (I switched off after half an hour or so) were very unfunny despite the presenters pretending they were all having so much fun etc etc.  It was very 'forced' jollity if you know what I mean.  

I got rid of my tv a long time ago Margie, so I didn't see it but, according to the BBC news website, they've been inundated with complaints from viewers. Ofcom are possibly going to investigate!

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...