Winter fuel & Christmas bonus.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really must check to see if mine has arrived yet. Thing is... with my vast wealth, it's easy to overlook a few hundred here or there...... Eitherway, it will help a bit towards the almost £6k I

Something I've never understood or agreed with is the meter standing charge. They were introduced back in the 30's for new supplies when installation costs were expensive, they never went away because

Set a reminder, I can't remember things a day or two ahead, never mind 400 years!

Our Last years WF payment was the beginning of December.  I believe ours will  be arriving in November.  Perhaps different areas of the country will get theirs at different times?

Cliff-T,

This is what it says on the very bottom of my letter

Most payments will be made in November or December. lf you have not received your payment
by 26 January 2424, call us for free on 0800 731 0160. You will need to have your National
lnsurance number ready when you call.

11 minutes ago, Stuart.C said:

Cliff-T,

This is what it says on the very bottom of my letter

. lf you have not received your payment
by 26 January 2424,

Set a reminder, I can't remember things a day or two ahead, never mind 400 years!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Beekay said:

Sorry Brew, but I will have to put me matches away for another time. My letter finally arrived this morning, totally sodden and dripping wet. 'Er indoors also got her letter at the same time. Does this mean, being almost 80, that I am now recognised as a pensioner? 

???

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

So sorry Brew, the post was meant for the Trogg. I get confused, its me age.

Thought so but with absent mindedness i dunno where i am half the time...

Its finally arrived, they never forgot about me, £250, someone who lives with me has told me what she will be spending it on. Ah  well easy come easy goes, it looks like I will be joining you Beekay selling matches and shoe laces.

• Like 1

Not to worry Trogg, ther's plenty of room in the shop doorway Iv'e got earmarked ! Already made arrangements for a Costa coffee and outdated sandwhich. thumbsup

5 hours ago, trogg said:

Its finally arrived, they never forgot about me, £250, someone who lives with me has told me what she will be spending it on. Ah  well easy come easy goes, it looks like I will be joining you Beekay selling matches and shoe laces.

Is that £250 between you or £250 each, we received ours today, £250 each

Rog

So she's planning on spending yours while waiting for her own to arrive. Think I'd better get a tray of matches and laces ready for you Trogg, already got your pitch booked.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been getting winter fuel allowance etc but its been so little £10 that it doesn’t go anywhere. Whether this is just a token for leaving uk I don’t know so will have to wait and see when I check my uk bank account

( which isn’t a thing I do regularly its just there to collect some small pensions) so not worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Our monthly fuel bill came by email today, as it always does, but this time I studied it more closely than I normally do.  I’ve never taken a lot of notice of the Standing Charges but was very surprised to read that we’re paying £25 a month before we even turn a light or the boiler on.  We can cope but how on earth do struggling young families manage to keep warm.  

• Like 1

Something I've never understood or agreed with is the meter standing charge. They were introduced back in the 30's for new supplies when installation costs were expensive, they never went away because customers simply accepted the charge as the norm. Todays excuse tries to tell us it's for maintaining the meters and the cables/pipes plus the statutory meter replacement (every 20/25 years). Why so much when even smart meters only cost a few quid, certainly nowhere the 300 per year they charge now?

I don't know of any  industries other than utilities that gets away with charging you a fee on the off chance you might buy their product.

• Like 4

Just  asking WHY??  Does the Goverment keep giving us this money  when in 2024 we have got food-banks??       or maybe they are better putting the money into Education or the NHS?  or maybe they would be better taken over the fule companies.  We don't even own British Steel  rename  Chinese Steel.  from report news night.

Whoop whoop I received my cold weather payment over the weekend. Very nice, thank you from the government. I have a thick cold and cough so nice to be warm and not worry about turning the heating up. 

Reading this, I thought I had better look at mine. It was paid in today. Get me pension on Thursday as well.   Whoopppeeeee  :)     £900 a year payrise next April. Best job in the world this retirement thing  thumbsup