P.S. Disturbing  images from outside the Theatre Royal on our news.

What's happening?

P.P.S... For some reason I can no longer get the 'Actvity' option for  NS on my phone.

Any ideas?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The suspect in custody is a West African migrant with a history of violence. Whether this is a dinghy migrant or otherwise isn’t clear but either way lots of unchecked individuals from violent war tor

Not sure if to reply here or on the political thread but I’ll settle for here.   I said that the man in custody was a west African migrant. As far as I am aware he is. I don’t know but will

Just stand back and think for a moment and look at the facts as they unfolded. The suspect had stabbed people apparently at random and used a vehicle to run over people apparently at random. Doesn’t t

Ongoing incident in the City resulting in several road closures and shut down of the tram network.

Officers and other emergency services are currently in attendance at an ongoing serious incident.

There are multiple road closures in place throughout the city while the incident is being investigated.

We are asking the public and motorists to please avoid the following areas and plan alternate routes.

The following roads are currently closed –

Ilkeston Road,

Milton Street,

Magdala Road,

Maples Street,

Woodborough Road from junction of Magdala Road into the city,

Maid Marian Way junction of Parliament Street.

Chief Inspector Neil Humphries, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “Officers are currently on scene at multiple road closures due to an ongoing incident.

“Please avoid these areas as they are expected to remain closed for some time.”

Has someone finally run out of patience with Nottingham City Council?  According to Times Radio, National Liaison Officers have been spotted which is, apparently, unusual to say the least. Looks like something far more sinister than a stabbing.

NILO has nothing to do with councils. It’s a relatively new Home Office organisation that liaises between police, fire, and ambulance.

There’s lots of speculation, on Twitter in particular, about who the attacker is, specifically his nationality or religion. But until we get the official announcement, we simply don’t know.

ITV's programmes interrupted with news flash at 10am on a number of murders at Ilkeston Rd , incidents also at Milton St and Magdala Rd. Sounds like a terrorist related incident.

18 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I just wondered whether someone had taken it into their head to bump them all off.

Wish they would!   

All I’ve established from our local (Mapperley Park) Facebook page is that there’s a police incident tent by Magdala Tennis Club, which is very close to Woodborough Road.   

I have just been told that a van has run into a number of people at one of these places, I know not which.

Shocked to say the least. The attack has been on tv here. Hope no one lives in those areas where this happened. I understand they have arrested someone but there are quite a few areas that incidences have occurred . Seems to me a few men are involved.

Stay safe everyone.

Loads of stuff on You Tube. Been watching updates on there. Looks like it could be terrorist related. Makes one wonder who these inflatable boats are bringing in.

• Like 1

I went on bus to town at 10:00am today.  Saw a cordon across Market Street.  No trams running but lots of buses around.  All seemed fairly normal; lots of folk taking in the sun in the Square, shoppers milling around.  I think the media coverage is a bit excessive; anyone would think the City is in lockdown and we are all in fear for our safety.  I for one am not at all surprised or shocked.  Such events are thankfully extremely rare.

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Loads of stuff on You Tube. Been watching updates on there. Looks like it could be terrorist related. Makes one wonder who these inflatable boats are bringing in.

On the basis of current info, that's quite a speculative leap Beekay.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, woody said:

Wonder what syndrome this lunatic will be suffering from?

At a guess, I expect he will be most likely diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

• Like 1
On 6/13/2023 at 2:51 PM, DJ360 said:

On the basis of current info, that's quite a speculative leap Beekay.

I'm only quoting what I read and watched. Don't have a go at me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The suspect in custody is a West African migrant with a history of violence. Whether this is a dinghy migrant or otherwise isn’t clear but either way lots of unchecked individuals from violent war torn countries is a powder keg waiting to explode. Beekay might be close to the mark. Time will tell.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I'm only quoting what I read and watched. Don't have a go at me.

Not 'having a go' BK. But at the time you posted we had no idea who did what and where they were from.

Try watching CBN news and Talk TV. Just been watching a YT clip on Talk TV, it showed 10.20 and the Talk was about how quick the incidents were linked and the amount of special  branch, intelligence, CNIL forces have been drawn in. Which is why Counter-terrorist team has been deployed.

• Like 1

We don’t know yet, and possibly never will, the reason why this individual went on a killing spree but nobody NORMAL would even contemplate going around killing innocent people.  It’s been said he’s an immigrant with mental health issues, a neighbour of ours has a student house in the area where the two students were knifed to death, one of his tenants said the arrested man was black with dreadlocks (not that that makes him a wicked murderer of course ….. Bob Marley springs to mind) 

Not much has been said about the poor man who was no doubt off to do a day’s work this morning, had his van taken and unfortunately ended up being killed not far from our house.  Let’s think about those deceased and injured individuals and what their families are going through today and forever more. Just so sad. 

• Like 5

How sad that this African immigrant who has been given a safe and secure home in Nottingham, should go and end the lives of three perfectly innocent people. Was he known to mental health services because he seems deeply troubled?

The BBC reported yesterday that he had a history of violence but today they have changed the mind and said a history of mental health issues, there are many people out there with mental health issues who need support and compassion but as far as I know they don't go around murdering people, if this alleged murderer is found guilty of these offences he will no doubt be put in a secure "hospital" and given the best treatment possible, treatment the majority of mental health sufferers could only dream of, this alleged murderer has no sympathy from me whatsoever

• Like 3