Things you don't see anymore

Beefsteak, am reminded of the early 'Ah Bisto' signs where the two are smelling the aroma of the gravy whenever I look at our current and hopefully soon to be removed Prime Minister. Gillard has the same long pointed nose, rat features, same styled red hair and a stuck up attitude as the figure in green in the advertising pictures, particularly the later ones!!!!!!!!!!

mick2me...Tried for some time to put a picture on here but was not allowed : - You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Thats a good description of our soon to be deposed PM Trev

Baz :ninja:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Morning Baz...........We can but hope! Rumblings over the weekend may see her removed by her own party this week. Off to say my prayers now!

Yep, gigglin' pin slipped out'a t' laffin box!

• 1 month later...

I still have a couple of Shippo's Nut Brown ale quart bottles and use them for my home made beer.

Shipos........Yeeuk.

As a barman in the Horse and Groom I used to serve the stuff and was expected to drink a certain ammount of it to be sociable with the people that i was serving it to.

Disgusting stuff.

If I cast my mind back I can still taste it.

Gimme a nice cold Aussie lager any day.

"Bazza waits for barrage from real ale (that's a laugh) drinkers." isitsafe

Baz :ninja:

• Upvote 1

If you don't like Shipstones (Anagram: honest p1$$) you are better off in the land of pseudo beers. Shippo's was the main attraction for a friend of mine who worked in Arabia; his first stop on the way home on leave was The Wheatsheaf on Illson Road for several pints of Shippo's bitter.

Sorry about the anagram looking odd - the fecking auto censor keeps changing it from p iss! Aha! found a way to beat it.

Posting here because the items are things you no longer see or do:

Credit: J. Wright, Facebook:

179964_417836078255125_1506227440_n%255B1%255D.jpg?gl=GB

If you don't like Shipstones (Anagram: honest p1$$) you are better off in the land of pseudo beers.

Used to hate the stuff and I'd tend to go out of my way to avoid Shippo's pubs (though I did use the Horse & Groom occasionally). Whether you drank that stuff or Home Ales was very much a territorial thing around the suburbs and people tended to go with what they were brought up with.. There were only two Shipstones pubs in my locality, The Ram at Redhill and The Cross Keys in Arnold, the vast majority being Home Ales in line with the proximity of the brewery.

In my humble opinion, Home Bitter was vastly superior to that stinking stuff emanating from the bowels of Basford! :)

Knocking Shippo's was always a popular sport but it was a fine ale with loads of character, made with quality Nottingham water. Shipstones IPA was the beer supplied to the British Army in India.

Many people knocked it because it was often of poor quality, no other reason. When it was on form it was okay but in my experience that was rare. Have to agree to differ, the stuff stunk. Home Ales and the other local breweries were all much superior.

1950's electric flat-iron with original flex and 5amp three pin round plug. This item was found by a local builder when he knocked out a wall. It was sitting on top of a cast iron range in it's box, behind the wall. Unfortunately, the box was fairly rotten but the iron has survived.

IMG_4435.jpg?t=1341913139

Paraffin blowlamp, a bit rough but in working order. Note the 1952 brass threepenny bit being used as a pump handle:

IMG_4433.jpg?t=1341913048

just got back from izzys funeral son ian and a couple ofothers i noticed drinking newki brown.

compo you must have enough stuff to start a museum in your shed or do you get picks off the net.

It's all from my "Things you don't see anymore" or "20th Century Tat" collection. I collect rubbish. :crazy:

your right there stephen its often cheaper to go for a pub meal than go to chippy for fish chips and peas. dave and i always shear when we have them now i can only eat a small portion now so dont like wasting the restas so expensive now.