Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

Ok TBI - how about the "Cyclemaster"?  I know there is a modern equivalent using battery power but petrol?

31510563552_b1d46607fc_m.jpg

Let's not forget the Raleigh moped :) 

31541163941_6966ee4c5a_m.jpg

• Upvote 1

There was a French version with the the motor on the front made not too long ago. I also seem to recall Honda did something similar too, way back in the day.

The old Raleigh Wisp if I'm not mistaken.

• Upvote 1

Still on the subject of Kelloggs freebies... late 50s they did some little plastic vehicles which you put together from about half a dozen interlocking pieces. I got an open-backed lorry which I really prized, until some little sod nicked it. He claimed he never..... but I bleddy know :angry:.

• Upvote 1

TBI,the Raleigh Wisp was a small wheeled moped based on the RSW 16 (Raleigh Small Wheel) the full sized ones were the RM 1 and the RM 2 (Raleigh Moped 1 & 2) the RM 2 was a two speed or variable speed two seater would you believe,all three two stroke engines of the same 49 cc

Rog

• Upvote 1

Remember the "Space men" you got with Kelloggs somat or other looked like little "Michelin men" with a clear perspex dome on their head which I always managed to lose,the little men were different colours

Rog

Arggh...don't talk to me about Woollies bleddy baubles. When I worked at Listergate store, one Christmas I was in charge of toys, as well as Christmas stationery and extra counters of decorations etc. So busy, nearly worked me own baubles off!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, woody said:

Kids who answer to the names of Herbert, Horace, Maud and Ethel. 

Actually my granddaughter's little playmate across the road is called Maud . However that's in the Netherlands and it's pronounced Mouwd  (rhymes with "loud")

My Landlady in 64 Coalville was Maude,a very large intimidating woman...........and Mary and louisa were my Grandma's..........small petite ladies,but also very formidable.......not to be messed with................

Once met never forgot was Maude Loppy..............spent about a year in her and her Miner Husbands Lodgings on Whitwick road Coalville,.......to be honest she scared me,so much so I dare not move to other Digs,..........I was just a boy 18/19...........but always said you had to be a man to stay there................lol.

• Upvote 2

No never had to lodge so close to home Loppy.........even when wives kicked me out..........so many relatives around...........

• Upvote 2