8 hours ago, Brew said:

It's the second picture I've seen of a tram accident where it has actually left the rails. Looking at the damage it does not look seem to be a major impact so how a does a one ton car knock a forty ton tram of its tracks?

Perhaps the tram was being driven by the Duke of Edinburgh!:biggrin:

• Like 6
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps the tram was being driven by the Duke of Edinburgh!

I reckon you're next Fynger when they reinstall the route to Ripley! Then theres the GCR tunnels from weekday cross to gregory blvd and from there they can shut down all the shops in Sherwood maybe e

Trams would be ok if they had their own tracks, away from the public highway, so that if they broke down, as they do regularly, the traffic flow would be unaffected.. They could be called trains - or

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 11:23 PM, IAN123. said:

Seems it's not Trams that always have a bump!

But at least it didn't cause major delays!, Just a quick unhooking of the poles, move out of the way on battery and road clear, simples!!

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...

I noticed this video on Youtube this morning. Someone with no life has visited all the stops on the tram system.

But what's really surprising is that the video has had  34,000 views in just one day. Are there so many people with nothing better to do ?

I haven't watched it !

I was looking at something else on Youtube and this video appeared in the side bar as a suggestion of what I might be interested in. I assume it latched onto me because of the word Nottingham..

Not only have I not watched that video, I've never been on the Tram either.

However at weekends when I was on a 6 week training course in London in the late 60's I travelled every underground route end to end (except the circle Line ! ) and visited almost all the stations. Victoria Line was under construction at that time.

Stuart.C, if you're reading this, I need counselling. I succumbed to temptation and watched CT's Tram video.

12 minutes of me life I'll never get back.

• Like 1

OH,, Brother  B.K you've failed, there's no hope now it's got you hooked.

Were you shouting out the next stop name before the tram got there?

I resisted, I went to Wickes to buy some decorative stone gravel to tidy up my block paving edges.

I wonder if anyone else succombed but won't admit to it?

And no, I didn't have an anorak / backpack whilst on the tube.

53 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I succumbed to temptation and watched CT's Tram video.  12 minutes of me life I'll never get back.

Did you learn anything from it ?  Do you feel better now ?

I learned 'bugger all. I'll be alright when I've had a lie down in a darkened room.

There's no saving me now CT, Stuart. I'm getting addicted. Found this by the same bloke.

Geoff Marshall is a bit of a "nerd" but some of his videos are quite interesting, just wish he'd pronounce "Basford" correctly!