Looking at the picture and the position of the pair of them. The last thing I would guess at is  the truck rolling back. The debris on the floor seems to indicate either the tram or the truck were moving forward.

The trucks on a bend so 'tail swing' could have clipped the tram, maybe tram driver had the sun in his eyes (the sun shield is down) and braked too late who knows?

It's quite possible both drivers are at fault.

looking at the damage at the front and then running toward to rear I would lay money on the tram driver.

And Bubblewrap is right can't be the tram it won't move without a driver.

a4ae4e90adbb9a328784155204d820ca.jpgThese two welded together would make a decent looking tram.

Read a report on it's financial losses..wow!

Is it more expensive than the bus?

Certainly it's here to stay.

• Like 3

Blinking hector tram not running from 23/8 to 2/9 got to replace the tracks. :crazy: 

• Like 1

Can I have my workplace parking levy back? Can I have that good job I once had?  Lost to the tram  :angry2:

• Like 1

Yeah ...... I could spend every trying to derailing it, accidentally of course :crazy:  

• Like 2

Why don't they use trams without tracks or wires that are guided by sensors embedded in the roadway. This has capability or reducing the infrastructure cost by a factor of 25 times and much less disruption.

The trams use batteries for power and are silent running. Where is this being done, you guessed it, China

Image result for trams without tracks

• Like 1

What a good idea. Let the Council admit their mistake, dig up the roads and start again. Or could they just swap the trams for buses - after all they do run on the same roads most of the time.

• Like 2

Edinburgh tram,the same as Nottingham,the majority of people didn't want them

P1050843.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Been crash in Meadows this afternoon involving Jimmy Sirrel's tram 

Dq11br9V4AALeVV.jpg

Dq11rNKU8AM84VE.jpg

Dq11u9FUcAA8vd7.jpg

• Like 1

Typical BMW driver. Ignores red lights and expects everyone else to give way.

;)

• Upvote 1

Crikey ...... Forty Eight million pound loss last year!

Say I fast It don't sound so much. 

• Like 1

That's £48000,000 that could have done a lot of good towards improving the infrastructure of Nottinghams roads!!!

48 million and thats apart from the compensation they where supposed to pay for the late delivery of the Beeston line theres not much on record about that meeowed

a mere dropin the ocean at when put beside HS2 ,millions spent on a white elephant that will disrupt lives and communitys for little or no gain for ordinary folk ,why dont they improve the existing rail infrastructure and make provision for more freight as the HS2 will not be used to carry it ,and then uprate all the local lines to give more capacity for commuters travelling locally between cities, 

• Like 4

So that's £48M this year added to the £47 it lost last year and so on. Is the loss calculated before the £4.8M payback or after?  They reckon on paying it all back by 2034, I think they are dreaming and it will finish up with a huge chunk of it being written off - guess who'll pay for that!

Then again I'm quite happy about it....  I live in Derbyshire  ;) 

• Like 1

I am actually a railway fan but this thing is a bloody joke,not a transport system just a ploy to make contractors and hangers on lots of dosh, spend it on stuff we need ,hospitals etc