FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

Thanks for your confidence in me being reasonably fit Cliff Ton, its picked me up no end and proved the wife wrong, she keeps telling me sit down and stop gardening . I have just cancelled an operation for a reversed revision on my right shoulder so I can have my left Kidney removed ( cancer ) on Thursday . When that's over back to the shoulder op, then my GP is going to sort my spine out, already had the MRI on the spine that's how they found the kidney problem, but the main thing is I wake up of a morning smiling and proving the wife wrong.

• Like 2

@trogg.  I love your positive outlook.    Will be thinking of you on Thursday...  I suppose the only way is to confront one problem at a time.  

@FLY2 .... just how is this thread being abused?

• Like 2

Margie, don't over react ! It was a bit of tongue in cheek banter regarding its phenomenal usage !  

I’ll be thinking of you as well Trogg, hope all goes well and you make a quick and full recovery.  Take it you won’t be getting the chips in on Wednesday now? 

• Like 1

LizzieM I promised you chips on Wednesday so I will be there to get them for you, cant miss a day out now I have permission from the Boss to go out.

• Like 5

Trogg you've certainly got a few things to sort out. I hope that you can get them all sorted so you can get your life on the right track again, it must be so worrying for your wife. I thought this forum was for what it says ( ailments etc). I started giving my experience of ailments in the hope that others might follow. I must say I had a lot of comfort and best wishes from members which really did help to know that others besides my family were "concerned".

Maybe its getting out of hand , as we get older we can expect things to not go how we expect or want. Some are worse than others, such as Trogg, I feel that my problems are so little in comparison, but to me they are worrying. I feel very sorry if Ive monopolised but only filling in posts to that very forum, "Ailments"

You have my greatest admiration for what you're going through and I wish you the very best for Thursday.

• Like 1

NonnaB you have not monopolised this topic , you had problems and you told friends about them, that's what friends are for, keep on posting. I was not going to post my problems but I put them on after another posting, we all deal with things differently.  I tend to keep quiet about things and do things my way , its best for me for others its different , we all should do what we want and not just to please others.

I have told my wife not to worry as if the worse happens she will receive half of my pension, she never replied to that , but I am still in the spare bedroom nursing my injuries . You can see I make a joke of everything, that's my way of coping. Keep on smiling and posting pictures of the food you prepare its great.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

I've posted my fair share of moans and gripes in this thread.  It's not only quite cathartic, but it can also draw out (I was going to say 'elicit'.. but that's a bit posh for a Sunday morning..).. err draw out, experiences and advice from others who may have had the same or similar issues.

By the way..did I ever tell you about the trouble I had with my ......?    :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

We all have Col, and that's precisely why I created the topic. Some folks want help or advice, others want to get things off their chests.

Some have good knowledge, and are willing to share it, and a few just want a moan and a gripe. The full spectrum of people's needs and requirements.

The problem is, we're all getting a bit long in the tooth...even young Trogg!  Malfunctions can be expected but comparing notes often helps. To all who are in pain, awaiting ops or worried about their health, may your treatment go smoothly, painlessly and your worries be unfounded. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

The problem is, we're all getting a bit long in the tooth

Speak fer yer sen young Sparrrow, in me 'ead I'm only 20 so there!

• Like 4

Well, if we're talking about mentally, young Brew, I'm only 4. Life was just about perfect at 4, until I was sent to school!

• Like 1

I am too embarrassed to tell you how old the wife tells me what I behave like, I don't care I just don't let her into my fort again. Smile its the best tonic.

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

did a mental age on line test and it puts me at 65. Not sure to be pleased or not about that!

I tried a couple of those. One put me at 28 and the other at 39.  Mentally, I'm not that old!

I did one, said nowt idea about me age but definitely mental...    :Shock:

• Like 1

Just went online and found an age test.  Is seems that just like in the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.. the answer is 42.  I'll take that.

Well I finished the latest course of Steroids yesterday and I was quite pleased, because they had me eating everything in the house  and being more than a bit 'wired' at times.

However, as today has gone on I've been more aware of odd sensations on my skin which could signal a return of the dreaded 'itch'.  Also returned is the tendency for my hands to tingle after eating, but it went further this evening with excruciating cramps in both hands and one leg/foot. Fingers pull involuntarily across the others and I have to physically straighten them.

To add to the fun I developed a sore throat on Saturday which has now spread to nose and chest.  Not sure if it's just a bit of a cold, or an allergy. 

I've laid off all but 'essential' heart meds while I was on the Steroids.

Checked online and my Doc has received an 'email from a third party', which I assume is a response from haematology or dermatology.  Will see what he has to tell me tomorrow.

Wishing Trogg all the best for his big operation tomorrow, get back on Nottstalgia as soon as you can and let us know all is well. 

• Like 4

Ay up, our Ben. Nice to see you back.

As for young Trogg.... get it done and dusted and get back on NS pronto as you will be missed. ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Exactly on both counts !

• Like 2