• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

The usual Christmas morning in Skegness, weather was nice though slight breeze and a nice calm sea, asylum seekers in some sea front hotels with security guards to keep the public away, unfortunately there was a few British homeless under blankets and sleeping bags in some shop doorways, packets of crisps and bars of chocolate distributed we came home via Mablethorpe and Louth, have a great day everyone

Rog

7 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Did you get some annual Christmas fish n chips Rog? Follwed by Festive candy Floss. Happy Christmas mate.

Everywhere closed except the Liberal club mate, Ingoldmels, Chapel st Leonard, , Sutton and Mablethorpe the same apart from a Spar type shop in Mablethorpe, nice walk along the sea front at Skeg though, I did help some bloke push a wheel chair with his wife in it up the ramp to the beach, poor sod was struggling, he later told me he had just had a knee operation, he wished us a happy Christmas and away we went, all toilets were locked in Skeg as well

Could have just eaten some chips too, there was a board outside one ice cream stall stating Donuts and Ice cream £4.75, it didn't say whether or not it came with a defibrillator or not though

Rog

• Upvote 1

It’s been a nostalgic sort of day for us.  Both our sons came up this morning, separately, from different parts of the Home Counties.  It was just us 4 today, similar to the old days when they were young.  Boxing Day was always the big family day with normally about 10 round the table. It was my Dad’s birthday on Boxing Day, he would have been 102 tomorrow, but passed away 10 years ago, (and my beautiful Mum left us 35 years ago) 

We’ve had a lovely day, there was no need for a Christmas tea as the 3pm Turkey dinner was enough!  We missed the King’s Christmas message but will no doubt see it again if we look for it.  Nothing much else on the telly.
Tomorrow my eldest (separated) son is going south to collect his two kids and bring them back here so I’ll be chained to the kitchen again and then we’ll watch the youngsters opening their presents and I’m thinking it will be a little more chaotic in the house.  
If I have chance I’ll nip up to Wilford Hill and put a single Christmas rose on Dad’s grave.  
Hope you’ve all enjoyed the day, roll on normality though! 

• Like 2

Well what can one say Christmas morning 25/12/2023                          Jumped out of bed, wanted to see what Santa had brought for me?  I had sent him my list of what i would like? but either the post has been delayed or Santa cannot read,                                               Presents from family!!!!   6 bars of smelly soaps, box hot chocolate drinks, a fleece, well you can guess the rest.                        Not that I am ungrateful, but did my list reach Santa?       This is what I ask for________________________________________________________- A new body with at least 38 bust.

Legs in a nice shape that go all the way to my armpits.                            All my own teeth are made so that I never have to visit a dentist ever again,

From being born live in a large house with stables and each morning go out riding with my own horse. I had a few lesson's when I reached 40 but it was still expensive,    

I have just come to realise that you cannot have all  you want in life  but best things come in small packages.    

Family.             and not for getting my friends on nottstalgia .com   Big Ears.  Brew,  LizzyM,  nonnaB  ,margi, Clifton and all other members too many to mention,  A big Thank You:!!!!

• Like 2

Quiet Christmas Day. Just me and 'Er Indoors'. I did a simple but very tasty roast chicken (much better than turkey) with stuffing, carrots, sprouts plus roast spuds and parsnips.
Also made a courageous assault on lots of stuff with expiring dates, which Mrs Mull's shopping features with increasing frequency these days.
Didn't even get 'ordered' out into the street mid morning to join neighbours for the customary hour of forced community jollity, because the Oberleutenant is away.. Phew!

Highlight were WhatsApp vids of Grandkids opening prezzies, especially the oldest two opening an envelope with details of a trip to New York in a few weeks, plus envelopes of crisp dollar bills which sent them crazy! They are spoiled rotten.
Haven't seen them for months due to assorted folks getting Covid and me being unable to drive etc.. ... but going over to Worsley shortly for a family gathering.
Really looking forward to it.

Poor Phil, off to bed early following a mince pie and a candle and Mary 

1947 please post an image of your wished for new body.....

As for me usual small family gathering with no fully decorated tree this year but a small yucca with few lights added. Well I don't like to be extravagant.

Wishing you all a happy Yuletide, sod the 'Christ' mass.

• Like 1

TOO many for visiting us at one time....so visits have been staggered....

Xmas Eve...

Son and Lady with Baby...Charley-Rose..From the south.

Daughter with 3 Grandkids...

Xmas Day......

Son with his Lincoln Lady

Boxing Day...

Brother and wife......From Skeggy

Tomorrow......

Another son with Grandaughter.......

Do'nt know when the rest are coming...lol

Love em all.......lots of laughter and Presents.......now got about 20 deodorants and Aftershaves.....and too many socks to count......:Shock:

• Like 1

Corrected version of my last post.above because the edit function disappears very quickly.

Quiet Christmas Day. Just me and 'Er Indoors'. I did a simple but very tasty roast chicken (much better than turkey) with stuffing, carrots, sprouts plus roast spuds and parsnips.
Also made a courageous assault on lots of stuff with expiring dates, which Mrs Col's shopping features with increasing frequency these days.
Didn't even get 'ordered' out into the street mid morning to join neighbours for the customary hour of forced community jollity, because the Oberleutenant is away.. Phew!

Highlight were WhatsApp vids of Grandkids opening prezzies, especially the oldest two opening an envelope with details of a trip to New York in a few weeks, plus envelopes of crisp dollar bills which sent them crazy! They are spoiled rotten.
Haven't seen them for months due to assorted folks getting Covid and me being unable to drive etc.. ... but going over to Worsley shortly for a family gathering.
Really looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Treated meself to a proper lunch today,...'Fish fingers, cheese and potato mash with baked beans, ( guaranteed a bubble bath). Will settle down now with a cup of tea and a mince pie, while watching 'Peter Rabbit 2'.

Lousy thunderstorm at 2 a.m Christmas night woke us all up. Climate change??? :Shock:  We were not amused.  It is not fun taking a Beagle out for a pee at 2.30 a.m. in a thunderstorm.  My gripe for the day.  Lol.

Happy new year!

2 hours ago, Brew said:

I wondered who Mrs mull was and whether there is something you're trying to tell us....  smile2

Mull is the diminutive of my user name on another site. I get confused...:mellow:

4 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Yes, twelve bloody days of it. It’s barely started!

In this house it is 1800hrs Boxing Day our Christmas now over, I have been taking lessons from another nottstalgian, and fell a lot better for it. Roll on normality.

Made a slight faux pas whilst cooking our turkey crown yesterday .

Thought we would be lazy and get one of those foil disposable turkey tins to cook it in ,to save some cleaning.

The cooking instruction said 2 hours 40 mins at 190°,  so after that time pulled out the part brown bird and prodded it with one of those digital meat thermometers .

One of the readings pushed in the side was ok but another part was under the correct temp , so my wife said push it in deeper to see what the reading is there,  which I duly did but temperature was still not right so put it back in the oven to cook some more.

Later went to check again only to find kitchen floor and bottom of oven covered in greasy liquid.

When prodding the turkey deeper with the pointy end of the thermometer,  I'd pierced a hole in the bottom of the foil turkey tin which resulted in all the juices dripping out into the bottom of the oven , down the cupboard door and covered the dogs dish and overflowed onto the floor. 

So me trying to save washing a metal turkey tin resulted in a mammoth clean up job of floor and baked on juices in oven bottom that took three times as long to do.

Lesson learned, back to standard metal turkey tin next year !

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2