• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

just seen you post nonnaB very sorry to hear of your loss. 

• Like 1

In the couple of hours they were visible, you could've bought a Portable Electric Coffee Grinder, or Pet Nail Clippers, or a Sofa Bean Bag Chair.

If anyone actually bought them, we'd be interested to know what you think of your purchase

nonnaB thinking of you and your family. So sorry.

• Like 1

I bet the cow was'nt too impressed either. Losing one of your heels is not one of lifes jollities.

Alas, this is a sign of the times. We were on a lake cruise on Windermere and there were three girls sat beside us. A beautiful sunny day but none of them looked up from their mobiles. They never bothered checking out the scenery.

• Like 1

Very quiet in Bulwell today......only seven market stalls.....but there was a few pluses to compensate.....

A ''Busker'' playing 'Guitar' and singing.......

A mature lady sitting on a bench eating a bag of ''Chips'' which she put down on my request for a Dance......which we both enjoyed....she asked'' if i came here often'' ?..........:biggrin:

Then a couple of nice ''Bump into's'' from old school friends....and thats always nice......

• Like 5

ben do Hattons from Redfield House Nuthall still have a veggy stall at Bulwell they were regulars in through the 50s-70s they are my dads cousins did lots of potato picking there in my younger days.

3 hours ago, Beekay said:

Alas, this is a sign of the times. We were on a lake cruise on Windermere and there were three girls sat beside us. A beautiful sunny day but none of them looked up from their mobiles. They never bothered checking out the scenery.

Probably checking out the view on youtube or sommat

Rog

Not sure of the name @IAN FINN.But the fruit and veg stall has been there many years.....chap in his 59s i would think big bloke always there and puts a good show on........

I have long admired young trogg for his devotion to washing, ironing and all things domestic. Today in homage to my hero I emptied the dishwasher and put it all away. It's the first time doing so since the kitchen refurbishment was completed and apparently I stowed everything in the wrong place, even the cutlery.

Far from earning brownie points I'm in the doghouse as "even and idiot couldn't get it wrong".

Not sure if I should demote trogg for setting a bad example or promote him to superstar

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Brew its domestic dishwasher day i have just emptied ours put everything away the wife will let me know if they are in the wrong place next job clean the glass stove top.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

he wife will let me know if they are in the wrong place

It's no good telling me now it's best done under supervision is it!!!?? :mellow:

Stacking the dishwasher proves to be a challenge in this house, I always have to re-arrange everything ……. he just hasn’t got the hang of it after all these years.  I never say anything, but just deal with it, otherwise he’d give up even trying to clear up! 

• Upvote 1

I’ve made a start on the grass cutting. It’s still very wet but it was getting much too long. There’s still a lot more to do but it’s in areas that have been ponded so I’ll give it a couple more weeks otherwise the tractor will sink in and make muddy ruts. In the 62 years we’ve lived in this area I’ve never seen so much water. There’s still a lake at the bottom end of the field.

Brew I have been doing all my chores under supervision for years, I always wait till I am told what to do and how . I do know when and how to do these chores but I always wait till I am told , if I started before instructed she might have the impression I like doing these chores. I still like my bit of rebellion even if she does realise it.

I made a start on cutting my lawns today I never checked on the batteries first, I have 2 but both were only about half charged ,so it was a case of waiting for them to recharge before finishing the job. I still have one to do but that can wait for another day.