How's your day?

12 hours ago, Brew said:

Sounds like a bit of a run around Col, I hope after all that the results are good when you finally get them...

They were pretty good Jim. In fact the Heart Failure Team are now satisfied that I am on optimum medications and stable, so have discharged me back into the care of my GP. It also seems that my last Echocardiogram, 9 weeks ago, showed no measurable deterioration  in Left Ventricular function, so I'm still at the 'moderate' HF stage... which is pretty much as good as it gets.

The Phlebotomists said the labelling issues were a product of old style blood forms issued by the HF team, which need the sample bottles labelled in handwriting. However the HF team say they don't  Have the more modern system which produces pre printed sample labels.... Go figure...

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On 11/15/2023 at 3:02 AM, MargieH said:

Christmas is always on25 December but Easter is a moveable feast

Assuming there is/was a JC and he was born on December 25th why is there not a set date for his crucifixion/death instead of the date wandering around between late March and late April.

Answers in plain English please.

• Like 1

Morning to all members 

Well Happy Easter to all

Don't forget British Summer time begins Easter Sunday

OHH!!! light nights  Lovely

5 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Assuming there is/was a JC and he was born on December 25th why is there not a set date for his crucifixion/death instead of the date wandering around between late March and late April.

Answers in plain English please.

Easter Sunday is the first Sunday following the first full moon after the spring equinox.  
Probably Christmas Day is a fixed date because it replaced a pagan festival.

No one knows exactly on which date Jesus was born or was crucified.  The calendar at that time would have been the ancient Hebrew one anyway, not tne calendar we have now.   The Feasts and Festivals of Judaism would have been decided on by the moon’s cycle.  We do know that Jesus was crucified during the Jewish Passover Festival though.  
Personally, it doesn’t concern me that the exact dates aren’t known - I’m just grateful that they happened!  (Yes, even the crucifixion because Christians believe it didn’t end there….. that’s what we celebrate on Easter Sunday.

i hope that all makes sense x

Thanks for the explanation MargieH.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I would never deride anyone's faith or beliefs, that is a personal choice.

The fact that we somehow don't know when he was born or died or have any proof that he ever existed just adds to the whole fairy tale.

I will declare the fact that I am a confirmed athiest.

I’ve just found a really interesting website  - nawcat.nottinghamshire.gov.uk where you can put in a house address (number or name on road) and search for information on history of properties. Very interesting if you want to search where you lived.

Even the name 'Easter' has been filched from pre-Christian times:

Eostre is the pagan fertility goddess of humans and crops. The traditional colors of the festival are green, yellow and purple. The symbols used are hares and eggs, representing fertility.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

I will declare the fact that I am a confirmed athiest.

How can anyone say they are a confirmed atheist? Atheists  can no more prove god doesn't exist than believers prove he does.

The fact some believes in something doesn't mean it's real, just as not believing doesn't mean it's not...   Happy Easter...;)

Like Oztalgian I too am an atheist. Personally I would not use the term ‘confirmed atheist’ just I’m an atheist. I lack the belief in any god or gods but I don’t claim that no gods exists I just don’t believe they do. 

• Like 1

Mrs B,

tried the website you gave, typed the house number and name of the road; result, No results found matching your search criteria.

Failed!

Sorry for those who failed. I think there was only something on the house where I was born as my dad applied for planning permission to convert the roof space in 1969 and that is listed. It also says that the case is “open” so whether he actually got the permission or not I don’t know, he did it anyway! I did query the house next door which belonged to my grandad and it did say no results matching your criteria so it is a bit hit and miss. Interestingly the site does mention a certain Jim Lees who bought the property from us. I don’t know whether anyone has come across him but he was very interested in heraldry and particularly Robin Hood who he used to dress up as for events. Would be early 70’s. 

I looked too with no luck but when we came to live in Nottingham ( dad had joined the police force) he found a house on Huntington still opposite the school. The only thing we learned was that a woman had died there:( 

A very happy Easter to everyone. Hope the weather stays fine. We can expect storms .

• Like 1

We woke to the staggering sight of bright sunshine... on a bank holiday!

Fearing the the world was about to end and we were to see the end of days, we decide to venture out. But all was well and the world righted it self when after lunch we had a heavy rain downpour mixed with hail.

• Like 1

It almost fooled you Brew you certainly did not need the hail. Our Good Friday was blessed with five inches of wet heavy snow it wont last long spring is almost here no greenery yet but the birds sound promising next week temps are in the mid teens.

76 for the high today. Golfing at noon then high winds all afternoon. Could be interesting. 

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

A very happy Easter to everyone. Hope the weather stays fine. We can expect storms .

A very Happy Easter to you nonnaB  Sat/Sun the weather so they say  (Carol ) BBC weather lady it's going to be warm and fine, 

Enjoy 

Happy Easter everyone hope the weather is good for you all we have a whiter Easter than we did Christmas but today is sunny next week the temperature is the mid teens looking forward to that.

• Like 3