DJ360

How's your day?

I don't think it ever entered his head that a girl wouldn't like him!

• Like 2

I think you're right, Katyjay! 

Left on the shelf? What an awful expression! What's wrong with the shelf? You get an excellent view from there of what's not worth having!

You leave the shelf alone. I like it!! :rolleyes:

• Like 5

You have a point, Jill.. Left on the shelf was a common expression in my young days. I don't think anybody meant it to be offensive.. it was just a reference to someone, male or female,  who would like to have married, but never found the right one.. It ignores th fact that some might choose not to marry.

• Like 2

Spent another day in bed with this wretched cold, awake most of the night coughing.

I need a holiday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

You have a point, Jill.. Left on the shelf was a common expression in my young days. I don't think anybody meant it to be offensive.. it was just a reference to someone, male or female,  who would like to have married, but never found the right one.. It ignores th fact that some might choose not to marry.

Just pulling your leg, Loppy. Never wanted to get married and, even if I did, never found anyone I thought was suitable. There's an old Bette Davis film...Chulla would know which one...where she utters a line to the effect of, "I never spent 10 minutes in the company of a man without wanting to box his ears!"  :Shock:

• Like 4

Would be nice youth but got to get mesen sorted sharpish !

• Like 1

Isn’t Mrs C getting concerned about this bromance going on with you two? :Friends:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Now now Lizzie, in this day & age of diversity any behaviour is acceptable so we are told or be guilty of a hate crime!

I'm thinking of dying my hair red what's left of it, seems to be in fashion just lately.

0_Gender-fluid-family.jpg

He/She is cheating, he/she wearing a syrup !

4_FEF5_C2500000578-6147827-image-a-35_15

• Like 1

As me mam would say, the sights ya see when ya ent got ya gun!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

It's a case of who's who or who's what..........poor kids.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

God, what ugly women ! They are women aren't they ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, loppylugs said:

I was thinking about all those sad songs I was on about last night.. Was it just a young lad thing?

Roy Orbison did quite a few.. Skeeter Davis,  ' End of the World'. Don Williams. 'Sea of Heartbreak.'. A lot of the Everly brothers stuff.. Floyd Cramer,  'Last Date'. I know at sixteen I was afraid I would be left on  the shelf.. What nice girl would want me was my thinking?. Was it just me or were we all like that?

Whadya think, Ben.. you're the expert.. :)

Great songs loppy, tobe honest wouldn't have minded which shelf i was on so long as ut kept moving,,:rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Maybe!  See similar every time I venture out the door.  

'we would get old' never loppy,,just keep on a moving shelf mate,,

• Like 1

Likewise, it's not just confined to Bulwell, Arnold or the estates, I saw similar in Chilwell and West Bridgford recently !

6 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

'we would get old' never loppy,,

You know what Ben? I’m absolutely thrilled that you are getting back to the Ben we’ve all got to love. You’ve been through such a worrying, serious, traumatic experience with your surgery, but here you are making us smile after only a couple of weeks.  Bet you’re sneaking on your phone after ‘lights out’ too, you’ll be in trouble, Hattie Jacques will be round in a bit.  Keep improving and hurry up back to Bulwell, your mates in ‘Spoons will be missing you.  

• Like 4

Thanks lizzie,,ive kept me down moods to one side,, got it sussed here for coffee espresso (nurses on the know) also sussed with male nifht nurse,makes very passable espressos from scratch on the ward,,had a set back today got an infection,so home delayed,   obviously got to know other patients,,and even thogh they from derdy/leicester still found work connections,,   God I'm bored. 

Re. those pictures, Mick.. Beam me up!  I think I'm past me 'best before' date.. :biggrin:. I feel sorry for the kids.

• Like 2

Ben a solution to stop you getting bored, make a list of the times you have fell in love, then write down all of their names also how many rings you have brought. That should keep you occupied forever, failing that describe all of the liberty bodices you have had or the waistcoats necessary for the modern man.

• Like 3

Hey Ben, why not write a book about your shop keeping days and ex girlfriends, you could call it "open all hours"

• Like 4

9 hours ago, FLY2 said:

God, what ugly women !

Fly, they abuse the privilege of being ugly, they certainly hit every branch on the way down when they fell out of the ugly tree

Rog

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FLY2 said:

No FLY, Hsband & wife in the "normal sense' , c'mon keep up with 5he class !

• Like 2