DJ360

How's your day?

Riding in the back of an ambulance with blues & two's going suffering a heart attack is the best cure for stopping smoking ! Trust me I know.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

A lot of nurses are obese as well. The practice nurse who used to advise me on living a healthy lifestyle was!

Last year when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, the nurse who gave me my blood test results was only interested in the fact that my cholesterol was elevated...caused by my thyroid problem. "You're going to have to change your lifestyle!" she snapped, without having a clue what my lifestyle actually was.

I was livid and, before I could stop it, my mouth...which usually operates in fifth gear anyway...had retorted, "That's rich. You'd make three of me!"  A real lardbucket she was. The type who hasn't seen her own feet for years.

• Like 5

aah!..when Doctors did house calls , smoked over the patient...and had a wee dram before awaying back to the surgery.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MelissaJKelly said:

Heatings had to come on!

Heating on!!!!! :shout:

19 hours ago, catfan said:

Went to QMC today & what gets my goat is having to run the gauntlet of smokers outside the main entrance. I even noted 2 patients clad in dressing gowns hooked up to mobile drip stands.

Dirty b4stards f'in stink have you seen them sitting in the bus shed on Derby Road on drips in their jimjams? Tramps.

• Like 2

Having a bet today..had 'Newstead Abbey' e/w yesterday..made a few pound..

• Like 1

Up early as usual, bed made,breakfast cooked and pots washed and put away, went on a ten mile trike ride,got back home had a cuppa and then off down the farm yard to take the gun for a walk, saw a couple of wood pigeons hibernate (slywink) back home, gun cleaned and oiled, another cuppa then out with the lawn edge clippers, gone all around the edge of the grass,greenhouse,fence,two sheds and the footpath, mower out now ready to cut the grass on the back garden,should get that done in time to get Mrs P's dinner ready for when she gets back from the gym (or is it Jim?)  looking forward to a sit down after that lot, int this retirement lark tiring?

Rog

• Like 6

There's no stopping you Rog !  smile2

• Like 2

You can tell PF is back - I'm exhausted!

• Like 2

Me to mate

Rog

• Like 3

Rog...i feel your pain..then again you probably a doer...and don't sit on your bum. I finished a while ago..35 x 8ft hit and miss fence gone up..house and walls painted..total refit in Neice's bathroom.

Glossed inside and only the river banks to do! Can't be doing with  rubbish daytime telly...herself has that pleasure..stuffed marrow for tea.

Ian.

• Like 3

Hope Terry likes this..i hope to get to this stage soon..miss making balls on a friday night and going to the Bait Shop after work..i watched the sweetcorn throwers and beer drinkers with interest.56702.1.640.640.UNPAD.jpg

And lost into the bargain !

It reminds me of a time we played Palace at Selhurst Park. Several of us returned home about 8.30, but a couple stayed on for a longer session. My mate Tony from Stapleford, was worse for wear, and peered out of the train window and saw a sign resembling ***ough. He assumed it was Attenborough, and got off thinking he'd walk home. It was Loughborough and he slept in the waiting room till Sunday morning.

• Like 2

Ok, I'll write this post slowly because I've been informed some of the members can't read all that fast, slywink

Not going out on the trike today so decided to give it a good clean before autumn gets here, off with the seat and pannier bags,chain off and cleaned and re-oiled,all gear changing parts cleaned and oiled as well as the cables for gears and brakes, a good going over with some Mr Sheen and it's ready for putting back together ready for my coffee morning ride tomorrow,

P1060901.jpg

P1060902.jpg

I find putting the trike on the picnic bench and workmate bench just the right height to work on it

Rog

• Like 3

Fair play to you Rog..looks ready for action!

The wanderer has returned..herself is back today..so popped a leg of lamb in the oven...nice aroma in the kitchen..all the trimmings..thought i was on for a gold star:.. forgot our anniversary..the 27th!

Two steps forward...as they say.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, plantfit said:

Ok, I'll write this post slowly because I've been informed some of the members can't read all that fast, slywink

Not going out on the trike today so decided to give it a good clean before autumn gets here, off with the seat and pannier bags,chain off and cleaned and re-oiled,all gear changing parts cleaned and oiled as well as the cables for gears and brakes, a good going over with some Mr Sheen and it's ready for putting back together ready for my coffee morning ride tomorrow,

P1060901.jpg

P1060902.jpg

I find putting the trike on the picnic bench and workmate bench just the right height to work on it

Rog

It all looks terribly complicated to me Rog ! Where do you sit ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

Fair play to you Rog..looks ready for action!

The wanderer has returned..herself is back today..so popped a leg of lamb in the oven...nice aroma in the kitchen..all the trimmings..thought i was on for a gold star:.. forgot our anniversary..the 27th!

Two steps forward...as they say.

Thanks for reminding me, ours is soon !

• Like 1

Took the seat off to clean all the frame Mick, here's a pic with the seat fitted

Coffee_morning_ride_(2).jpg

Rog

• Like 3

Hope you didn't put mr sheen on your seat Rog or you'll be getting there before your trike:rolleyes: 

• Like 4

Not enough room for me and Mr Sheen, not with my fat arse backside anyway

Rog

• Like 3