Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Thanks for digging that out Dave. I can't say I've ever had an interest in trains and railways but that article is very interesting and I do now remember the little building that survived until the 80s. And all that was only about half a mile from where I now live too.

• Upvote 3

Many thanks to Benjamin - it was the Grosvenor Hotel. Lizzie's suggestion was the New Inn......I once found a fiver on the steps of the New Inn. I went inside and asked if anyone had dropped it. That's a bare faced lie; I spent it in the next pub :).

• Upvote 1

Re Catfans post #341. On a similar vein is the situation whereby I want to exit a slip road onto a dual carriageway or Mway or a lay-bye and drivers fail to pull over into another lane so that I can join the carriageway. It's so simple and helps truckers no end.

I had one idiot pull out on me on the A19 near Middlesborough. I was in a large van towing a flat trailer . I was too near the lay bye to pull out as he didn't indicate. He shot out of the lay bye as soon as I'd passed but he failed to see the flat trailer and hit the back. Tosser nearly peed himself.

On East Midlands News tonight, another poor horse killed by having its ear cut off and its face mutilated thereby bleeding to death. Let me get at them !!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm not normally a violent man (except when Forest lose) but this kind of activity makes my blood boil. Is it jealousy because someone can afford to keep four ponies. I don't know, but what I do know is that these scum are sick beyond belief. No amount of counciling will help them . Only total annihilation of filth like this is the answer. The Japs and Germans will have nothing in their repertoire compared to what in intend doing. An Eye For An Eye !!!!!

• Upvote 1

You are right Catfan. Why should I waste my life on these beasts. Shoot em then have a beer !

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

How stupid are things. I've looked in the freezer for something for dinner. Breaded Haddock Fillets. Cooking instructions on inside of label. Defrost for 24 hours. Peppered Beef Steaks. Same instructions. Pork Fillet Medallions. Same. Salmon Fishcakes likewise.

Why in Gods name can't the producers print the storing instructions on the front. I've now got four items in the freezer with most of the label hanging off. Unbelievable.

Had a cuppa at a coffee shop today. I couldn't believe the saucer. The indentation to secure the cup was offset to one side. The conventional saucer has been adequate for centuries. Why the hell should some overpaid 'know nowt' redesign it FFS.

Of course, the labels all say do not defrost in microwave. Sod it.

Espresso Cafe near Lidls opposite Chilwell retail park.

• Upvote 1

And for anyone who doesn't know, all the railway stuff was below ground level. The station, lines, etc were down in a hole, and the buildings in the photo were the only thing you could see as you passed by on the road.

Carrington station long closed when this photo was taken :)

carrington%289.1964chris_ward%29old3.jpg

• Upvote 1

21710283628_1de47529da_z.jpg

I'm sure you can appreciate this. Coronation Class 'Duchess of Sutherland', hauling the 'Cumbrian Mountains Express' through St Helens Central a few weeks back. I want one!

Normally lives at Butterley.

Col

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...