Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

I know how the Enigma coding machine works, and am quite au fait with the German Geheimschreiber machine, but have not yet fathomed what IIRC means.

#1823 Commo,

In the 60s I used to love the Needlers Maltona Drops. I used to buy them from one of our Nottstalgians Basalways Paper Shop in Carlton. The nearest I get to them these days is Werthers, but no comparison really, Lacking the Malty Flavour. They must have lost their popularity, just a fond memory for us Maltona Fans!

Chulla, re #1834, took me a while to wonder why so many on here kept referring to the Ilfracombe Independent Rugby Club 'till I realised it was text speak for "If I recall Correctly", at least I think that's what it means !!

• Upvote 1

That suits me! They used to beat me for being me when I was a kid. As for Priests...don't even go there!

One thing you now see once again, only much smaller than the original of course!

IMG_0647.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

Payne's assorted poppets. Sorry, no picture.and Spangles....

Spangles - they where 3d a tube.......