Nottingham pubs you really miss

Claude use to give tickets out for the adlib, Pigalle and Hippo clubs .....

The Hippo and the Pigalle brings back memories for me from the late sixties, early seventies..................we called the Pigalle, the Pig hole, there was always a pipe overflowing when you went up the steps..........had some great nights there though....

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just miss all "Pubs" the music - sing-songs- good night out with friends - dancing on tables- people being drunk (just happy drunk) at least if you joined in the singing and if you did not have a si

I must admit that even though I'm from Mong Eaton, Nottingham was always my town for drinking. I worked at Butlins Minehead from 1979 to 1983 and my best mate Jake's from Portsmouth. In about 1981 a g

Only just discovered this wonderful site. At the end of the 70s I lived in bed sit land better known as Mapperley Park, on Magdala Road and used The New Inn virtually every night of the week. A great

Posted Images

Our paths must have crossed many times in the above. Loved The Fountain.....big Forest pub.

I went to those places a lot, must have seen you all........

My fondest memories of the late 70's early 80's was the Broxtowe Inn just up the slip road from Bells Lane, we often met up with our friends of an evening and sat outside with all our kids.......it was in walking distance too as my hubby ,Malc owned the Butcher's on Bells Lane, Trev had the newsagent next door.............Oh happy days...........

I miss every single pub I ever went in.

That's because I rarely frequent town nowadays. Mores the pity.

Me too......I am older now and live out of town......But the Sixties and Seventies were my time, we always enjoyed ourselves and there was never any trouble................

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The pubs i miss most are all in Bulwell cross keys ,old red lion,old and new bull and butcher new town inn old golden ball in main st and masons arms

• Upvote 1

Can anyone help me to find photo of the Bleachers Arms Nottingham Road (locally known as the blood tub) also the Shoulder of Mutton. I have never personally been in either establishment haunts of my hubby in his youth. I have tried the usual sites but can find nothing thank you in advance.

Gem

I always remember the first pub I used to frequent, the Ferry Inn by the Ha'penny Bridge. A bottle of pop with a straw in and a packet of Smiths with the little blue salt bag. Be about seven. Magic!

Can anyone help me to find photo of the Bleachers Arms Nottingham Road (locally known as the blood tub)

If I remember correctly the Bleachers Arms Inn was on Lincoln Street, Old Basford.

the butchers arms at basford i believe

Are we talking about the same place? Butchers or Bleachers? Nottingham Road or Lincoln Street?

Sorry Cliff Ton, not a Nottingham native ! I am talking about Bleachers Arms Lincoln Street. Hubby used to drink in there early sixties. Many thanks to all who replied to my questions.

Gem

• 2 months later...

The Pulman at Widmerpool is up for sale. It was originally called The Schooner. I had some great times there back in the '70's and 80's.I

Mind you, i saw one or two nasty accidents just after closing time just up the road at the junction with the Melton Road. Sad to see what was a thriving pub closed though.

Just a couple- did bat ' round a lot!! Generous Britain- The Mint Bar- coopers arms - The Stockholm- The Vine- Loggerheads- Nottingham Arms- Rose and Thistle-The Exchange- small pub on Radford Rd just up from Boots (same side) opp Patterson Rd??? Watneys boozer? Any my dad always took me in there after he'd been fencing( epee, foil etc..)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Beefsteak said:

I do remember the Nelson at the top of Hockley opening up their old one (We even got a visit down in the cellar of the pub to view it a bit closer once , didn't we Mick ???)

No fear Beef theres soon to be a brand spanking new boozer in it's place "Six Barrel Draft House" looking to open November-ish 

CrwZF3PWAAA3jNf.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 05/09/2014 at 1:35 PM, mgread1200 said:

I remember a place called "The Railway Club" on Wilford Lane somewhere between the Chateau and the Rivermead flats we used to frequent the place on a sunday lunchtime it had one of those old fashioned tanner one armed bandits, Tic Tac Toe dropped the jackpot all in tanners and was one of the most wonderful sounds I can recall. Just wondered if anyone remembered the place and what it had to do with the railways.

My Mam & Dad used to take me and my mate there on Saturday and Sunday nights, in the early 70's. I remember the one-armed bandits...happy days! :-)