Favourite Perfume/s or Smell

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the fanciable young man wearing Brut was about 6feet 4, super fit and in looks was a cross between Terence Stamp in Far from the Madding Crowd and Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy then you may recog

#53   The smell of lilac always reminds me of the tree at the bottom of the garden when I was a child. We used to make "perfume" by pulling some of the bracts apart and shaking them up in a

They say that smells and sounds are some of the main triggers of memories. Some that take me back are :- The smell of the cheeses when you went into the Co-op grocery department - Going into the

• 4 years later...
On 23 August 2012 at 2:02 PM, Pixie said:

I love the purple joop aftershave too, At the moment my cubbyhole smells like it 

I know some ladies like to give it a name, but cubbyhole? Well I never!

While in a the supermarket getting me paper this morning found this 1.50 euros! 

Good books or what?

image_zps2ibv4opp.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Still like a splash of 'Old Spice'............as one young lady remarked to me.......'ooh you smell like my Grandad'.............think she was referring to the 'Old Spice'..............:rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I like the smell of a new Baby,even the sound of one cyring..............and that's it 'Cranky' I'm off out tonight wearing me Old Spice,Leather Jacket and plenty of Johnsons Talcum Powder............lol.

• Upvote 3

Damp pavements after Summer rain.

I really miss the smell of creosote on timber around railway stations and crossings way back.

My favourite 'Male Fragrance'  Paul Smith Extreme.

A new vinyl LP

The woods in Autumn, when you can literally smell the fungi emerging.

Col

They say that smells and sounds are some of the main triggers of memories. Some that take me back are :-

The smell of the cheeses when you went into the Co-op grocery department - Going into the Co-op as a kid with my mum

Gauloises cigarettes and fresh ground coffee in a bar in France Strasbourg in the mid 60's

A cobblers shop, the smell of the leather when picking up shoes that had been repaired ready to go back to school after the summer holidays.

The smell of Lifebuoy/ Coal Tar soap when meeting my dad in the pit canteen after his shift and getting a Blue Riband? chocolate wafer.

• Upvote 3

The smell of italian coffee brewing before I get up. It reminds me of the first time I met my future inlaws as coffee was always made early morning.

Me too nanna,..........love the smell of proper coffee almost as much as the taste,...........always remember Farrands in Carrington in the 60s,they had a Coffee grinder on the counter and we used to sprinkle the ground Coffee on the floor before opening,lovely aroma.............

When we lived in Surrey we'd sometimes shop in Guildford. There was a shop that roasted their own coffee beans in one window  so you could watch. They had a giant extractor fan built into the window, blowing the aroma onto the street. A great ploy for brInging in customers.

My favourite perfume is that of the Wallflower.  Whenever I pass a flowering wallflower plant I can't resist bending and inhaling the sweetness of it's perfume.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In Wilkos the other day, picking up my toiletries. Toothpaste, shampoo and body spray. I couldn't find my favourite Gillette spray, so I settled on an Adidas one. However, there was a large display of Lynx stuff entitled 'Africa'. I had a little whiff, and God Almighty, it was horrendous. Who on earth wants to smell like Africa. If I'd poo'd myself, then rolled in my compost heap for a fortnight, I couldn't have smelt any worse. It was ghastly!

• Upvote 2

I was fascinated to read about the effect Chanel no 5 has on lions and other big cats. It causes them to go crazy, roll about, urinate and generally lose control of themselves.

Personally, I can't abide the stuff. I've tried it. 30 minutes later, it smells like something the neighbourhood tom cat did! A lot of perfumes react adversely on me. Must be something to do with the PH of my skin!

• Upvote 1

My favourite at the moment is Boucheron.  White Linen is .........it actually makes me feel quite icky.