summut serious

Sorry about your problems Chulla,.....hope you get sorted soon mate,...had my PSA blood test yesterday,and keeping my fingers crossed.......for both of us now,take care Dave.............

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

Thank you all for your kind remarks and best-wishes. I have to say that I am never in any kind of pain; it is just the breathlessness that is the problem along with the sick feelings - I often feel sick without actually being so. Other than that I am as right as rain, just how you see me at the meetings. My postings will confirm that there is nothing wrong with my mental attitude - I do not worry.

• Upvote 4

Just how we see you at the meetings chulla ? yes but you look horrible .................lol

• Upvote 1

Came in on this late as usual. Probably because of the time difference. Truly sorry to hear of all the difficulties, Dave. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you are getting good care. Hang in there mate.

Dave.

Sorry to hear about all your health problems, Chulla. On the positive side, the doctors at the hospital seem to be doing all the necessary tests, so they certainly haven't written you off yet! The sickness must be horrible for you, especially not knowing when it's going to happen, but it's good that you haven't got any pain. Thinking of you xx

I'm really sorry to learn of your problems, Chulla. It's good that you are being treated so quickly. The treatment you will receive at the City Hospital will be first class. You'll know from my posts regarding my wife that they will treat you more as a friend than a patient. You have a great sense of humour and this will help you through your treatment. I found great comfort from all the messages I received from my Nottstalgia friends and I hope it will also be the same for you, Chulla.

• Upvote 4

Just got a bit of time to check NS and so sorry to your problems Chulla. There the hospitals are like they are here ...on the ball where appointments are concerned. Hope everything goes well for you, you are in good hands. Hope you find out everything in the very near future. Good luck.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

My last report on my prostate cancer condition was back in October 2014, when I reported that my PSA count had come down to 3.9 (from the original 197). The Urology Dept at the City Hospital then passed me on to my doctor for him to keep an eye on things, with six-monthly blood tests to check the PSA level. This eventually came down to the excellent figure of just 3.

Early this year, the blood testing showed that the PSA number was rising. A check was kept for a period and when it reached 15 my doctor handed me back to the City Hospital (as he had been instructed to should this happen). They sent me for a bone scan (I had one when first diagnosed and it proved negative). This time they found four places in my bones where the cancer has spread to. My PSA count was now 28 - it has since increased to 35. The urologist prescribed a tablet to complement the hormone treatment in hope that it would arrest further increases.

Yesterday I had my first appointment with the oncologist. I was expecting to hear of a change in treatment, but on hearing that the new tablet is not having any effect he has told me to stop taking it and has prescribed another; a steroid, but not the body-building type. He is organising a CT scan of my upper body to see if the cancer has spread anywhere else, and dependent on what the scan says, and the affectivity of the new tablet, he will then decide on the course of treatment. This will take about a month. So, neither one step forward or one step backward.

Regarding my other problem, breathlessness due to a heart problem, nothing has changed but on the 25th I am going to the City for some lung function tests. Could be that I will finish up using an inhaler.

Chulla, thank you for letting us know how your health problems are now. I had been wondering how you were getting on... I hope the steroid tablets will be helpful in your cancer treatment and that the breathlessness from your heart problem won't get any worse. Between them, your GP and the hospital seem to be monitoring things well. I hope you are still able to get out and about as much as you want to. Looking forward to seeing you in June. Hope you're working on another poem btw

Sorry to read of your health problems Chulla, and the discovery that your cancer had spread to four new places. I hope the next four weeks pass quickly for you and your new tablet does a good job and has a positive effect the cancer. I don't know much about the inhalers except, that if it will be the same kind as used by people with Asthma, we have four family members who use them and they certainly do a good job. Thank you for your update Chulla and we send you our best wishes and hope that our great NHS soon has an effective and positive treatment plan worked out for you.

Margie/carni. Thanks for the best wishes. A Ventolin inhaler opens up the air passages to help asthma sufferers. I am kind of hoping that it, or something like it, will be prescribed for me.

Yes, I am churning out the poems, Margie. I am at a loose end in that I cannot do any research and writing until I have paid another visit to the National Archives at Kew. I have to have pencil and paper or a computer keyboard in front of me, so I have been composing some more poems, which I will drip-feed into the thread now and then.

• Upvote 2

Sorry to hear about your problems chulla,,hope the new tablets have the desired affect......

Wife got the date for her operations on her Arthritic feet yesterday,............always sumat int there...........

Sorry to hear your news Dave but stay positive, oncology depts are great they are always coming up with. new treatments. Hope they find the right one for you. Allthe best with your tests. Will keep in touch with Linda

Blinkin 'eck Chulla!...very sorry to hear you are in the wars,by the sounds of it the medical team are on the ball and are dealing with it swiftly.

Keep yer' chin up mate- Mr.Dawson is 'tinking' of you xx