Worst Television Advert, ever?

It just shows what level of intelligence they're aiming at. It's a weak as piss sweet sugary kids drink. "King of beers" my arse . They should be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advertising gurus work on the principle of making their offerings memorable to the public. So the more outrageous the better, as far as they're concerned. I wonder if it occurs to them they can be so

The EDF turd. Do they realise they are using a turd to advertise electricity or are they simply saying "Buy your electricity from us and we'lll shit on you" ?!

The worst ever must be the latest bizarre offering from Money Supermaket.com. We've endured the black pimp with his whores, the dimwit going up in space, and the retard riding an elephant through Ne

• 6 months later...

It's high time he popped it. He's well past his sell by date.

My worst is the bingo one with Barbara Windsor in it. Gobby cockney !

• Upvote 1

I cringe at the Money Supermarket advert as well. Disgusting !

• 3 weeks later...

As annoying as our TV adverts are, they are not as bad as those in America - 90% of which appear top be for food that does you no good. Watched a film there once. The opening credits rolled and then faded into what did not look like what I was expecting to see. It was the first of the many commercial breaks. Over there they do not give warning of a commercial break - just a straight break into the ad - or when the break has ended.

As for my favourite ad - the one showing dad in the 1950s walking home at night in a street lit by shop lights, and children singing the Ovaltini Song. Just oozes nostalgia.

Parkinson reminding us we're all gonna die,.......................but never mind,you get a free pen!

Yep! A message from the grave! I suppose if these insurance people were to be sued for miss-selling or whatever, Parkinson (a pen name? Oh no. That would be Parker) would be free from any action but I don't see why. These celeb's use their celebrity as a selling point, so I think they should be liable. Oh well; I don't suppose they'll listen to me. noblue

There's some sort of disconnect as most people will claim not to be influenced by adverts when parting with cash, yet it's a multi-billion pound/dollar industry which clearly makes a profit. Like many, I switch to BBC as an avoidance tactic but then have to endure "adverts" for BBC programmes wrapped us as "news" items. Another route through which advertising is overtly peddled is the "chat show" where A-Z list "celebs" are only there because they have a book, DVD, film, play or some other product to promote.

• Upvote 1

Every program we like to watch, we tape. That way we can whizz through the ads. The only thing we watch live is the evening news between 5 & 6pm. This must be the best time to hit the 'senior' audience with prescription drugs, cos that's about all they show. It takes longer to tell you the side effects than the actual drug.

• Upvote 3

Add to the adverts and 'news items' we are now seeing more and more product placement which is yet another form of advertising.

When SWMBO's watching Coronation Street & I spot a product placement I shout "PRODUCT PLACEMENT" very loudly. She's threatened to kill me for some reason..

• Upvote 1

Whatever posessed Iceland into thinking that a micro-celebrity like Peter Andre would be a good focal point for their adverts !

Truth be told. Adverts are so crap and so annoying now that people just whizz past them at 32x speed on the Box.

If the advertisers only knew the lengths that people go to NOT to watch the damn things.

When they decided to increase the ad breaks to almost 5 minutes, they just assumed that we would just sit there and put up with it.

Same on the internet. Youtube videos and catch-up replay. As soon as it turns into an advert, most people just press X

• Upvote 1

Most adverts annoy me and more often than not I turn the sound off. I do think those which have 'celebrities' in them should only do so if the 'celebrity' uses the particular product or service they are advertising especially if it's a financial one.

Reality is that we are starstruck and seduced by so called stars with no morals ,who in a lot of cases would not use the product they are pushing,and in some cases could cause hardship,gambling ,ie

Barbara Windsor with bingo,she of course is just one thousands of stars that have no thought of the product that they sell,they then associate them selves with different charities ,then everyone says what kind people they are.

• Upvote 1

The EDF turd. Do they realise they are using a turd to advertise electricity or are they simply saying "Buy your electricity from us and we'lll shit on you" ?!

• Upvote 3