Nottstalgia good food guide.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Busy making a batch of mincepies to take to Quiz Night at Harby (the one near Newark) tonight. Having new health issues now (ie diabetes) I decided to check out the calorific value of my homemade minc

Roebuck on St James Street isn't bad. Some of the customers can be a bit funny though.

With my wife being ill I will be doing the Christmas dinner this year. I'm not experienced enough to cook a turkey so I'm going to make them beef wellingtons instead. I've never made any before (I did

Bought a bag of Walkers salt and vinegar crisps from Midland station the other week when I visited Nottingham, 85 pence, you could get about 10 bags of crisps from one potato making them spuds £8.50 each

Rog

We went out for a Christmas meal with our Ballroom Dance Class last week.

Chris had a Pint of Carlsburg £3.00

I had a glass of Blackcurrant Cordial, water and ice £3.20!!! How many £3.20s do you think they made out of one bottle Cordial.

Our 1.25Lc double concentrate Robinsons Cordial makes 50 glasses. £160! not a bad profit there. Unless the ice was expensive.

• Upvote 2

Chateau a la "Banjo48" not bad today, Extra large Tiger prawns with homemade seafood sauce and crispy skin jacket potato.

Mixed leaves salad with homegrown tomatoes.

Very reasonable price for quality tucker.

• Upvote 1

Busy making a batch of mincepies to take to Quiz Night at Harby (the one near Newark) tonight. Having new health issues now (ie diabetes) I decided to check out the calorific value of my homemade mince pies, bearing in mind I use a rich pastry with high fat content, eggs and other very bad things!!! After an hour of beating my brains doing weighing and sums check out this.....each regular sized mince pie contains 180 Kcals (I won't bore you with all the other nutritional content). So I then compared it to a bought mincepie....brace yourselves folks....a minimum of 220 Kcals!!!! I shall carry on with the homemade melt in your mouth version...however I have made myself some mini (gob size) mincepies at 62kcals each a bargain I reckon!

• Upvote 5

Gob size...... Make a big one for me then !!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Can highly recommend Copper in Mapperley. Homemade Scones the size of door stops, with lashings of jam and fresh cream. The rest of the menu looks superb, too.

For pub food, Sam Hall in Sherwood. OK, it's a Wetherspoons, but has a better feel about it than others.

A bit out the way, but if you get to Newark the Danube is well worth a visit. Very tasty Germanic style food and good selection of decent beers. Great value.

Had lunch there, very nice but expensive and very small portions. Left Hungry!

As usual, my favourites are Laguna on Mount Street. Was there a couple of weeks ago and it was gorgeous, plus Higoi Japanese in Lenton. Its a proper family run Japanese restaurant and does more than the sushi stuff. The miso soup is gorgeous. I prefer a table where you have to sit on the floor on a mat. Its a fair walk to the tram stop after a few sakes but I usually manage it.

Sit on your backside and eat !!!!'

God, I'd be keeling over fast asleep. Don't the Japs realise chairs have been invented ?

• Upvote 3

Recently tried Ghurka One on Mansfield Road, Carrington - excellent.

Fish and chips. The very best has to be the Fish Bar on Crown Island

• Upvote 1