Can't add any more to whats already been written. I am sure that the surgeons, doctors and nurses will be more than attentive with your wife. They are the experts and their professionality will make everything as comfortable as possible. I think all those who have been through this found in oncology that there is this positive attitude towards patients. Your wife will be well looked after and when she comes home she'll enjoy all the fuss and attention she will be getting. All the best and a big hug for your wife we are all with you.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

I've been to the hospital to see my wife today and she told me that she can come home on Wednesday, all being well. She's in pain when she tries to change positions in bed etc but that's expected considering what she's been through. She's taking medication for it though and is feeling ok. It seems as though it all went well.

I intended posting a message last night but I couldn't keep awake and went to bed. I had to be up at 0500 yesterday to get to the hospital for 0700 and as I'm not, and never have been, an early bird I felt tired all day. When she came out of theatre yesterday at 1815 she couldn't speak properly becaus all her mouth was dry and sticking together. She also kept nodding off as she was speaking to me. She did manage to tell me one thing though that was a laugh. When the surgeon had finished marking out her body, in preperation for the operation, she asked him to sign it. When he asked why she wanted him to sign it she told him that she was convinced, after looking what he'd drawn on her body, that he was Banksy, the famous graffiti artist. :)

I've got to make sure the house is spotless when I bring her home tomorrow. I can't guarantee that but I'll try my best.

• Upvote 6

All the best to you both.

• Upvote 1

Michael, so pleased that your wife is recovering well from her op. It will be good to have her back home again x

• Upvote 1

Michael, I'm delighted to read your post, I've been thinking about you both and waiting for news. I hope that now you can look to a rosy future, your wife has gone through a tough time but she's now on the road to recovery.

• Upvote 1

Michael just been reading over the last few pages of posts, as I haven't been on the site much over the past few weeks. Just want to say what good news it is that your wife's op has gone well. I wish her a speedy recovery, and hope that soon you will be able to start living your lives fully again. I agree with Nonna regarding the Aloe Vera. Natural remedies can be pretty amazing and most doctors are happy for them to be used alongside conventional medicines. All best wishes to you both.

• Upvote 1

So pleased that everything went well and hope your wife has a speedy recovery. (Spoil her in the next few....forever).

Darkanza, Im glad you feel the same as me with alternate medication. I use aloe vera for stings and any sort of irritation but I use

aloe Arborescens to help with cancer. We have a garden centre that sells it and I make it up myself. Im not completely into alternate medication as believe everything has its own cure including conventional medication. Where would we be without it?

Welcome home Mrs Michael.

• Upvote 2

Pleased to hear some good news, but you need to look after yourself too! I have been there & know how tireing it can be, but would do it all again & more if only I had the chance. Look after each other & don't worry about the "dust" theres always another day! Best wishes & love to both of you xx

• Upvote 2

Just to let everyone know that I fetched my wife from the hospital this morning. It's so good to have her back home. She was thrilled to bits to get some beautiful flowers from our friends and it was just the thing to cheer her up, apart from seeing me, of course. haha. She's made my lunch and I'm just about to call her in from mowing the lawn to make me a coffee....calm down, I'm only kidding..lol.

Darkazana and nonna, my wife knows a chap whose wife had terminal cancer. She was told that there was nothing they could do for her. He spent every day researching everything he could regarding her cancer. I'm unsure of the details but he found that your diet played a big part in the fight against cancer. He made his wife start a diet that he'd worked out and she started to get better. She went on to make a full recovery and I learnt today, from a friend, that he's written a book about it and gives lectures abroad. My friend told me that she has met his wife and she's a really lovely lady who's full of life. I'll speak to my wife and find out more about it.

I've just made dinner and I've got a salad. Actually it's a fruit salad. Well, mostly grapes..fermented grapes. Wine, I've got wine for dinner, haha.

No I haven't, I've just made a chicken salad. I thought I was an expert at making salads but my wife has told me that I should have washed everything first. I asked her if it was ok to put the salad in with the coloureds. She was going to give me a playful clip round the ear but quickly realized that she couldn't lift her arm, lol. It's great to have her back home. :)

• Upvote 9