• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I’ve been a few times but never got to see the cathedral.

I was taken to a cabaret in Worms once which featured a live sex show. I don’t think think Martin Luther would have approved of that!

Talking of winter 1947 can any one remember when Mablethorpe on the Lincolnshire coast had floods. around 1954/55/56 the sea came quite a way in. We were there on holiday the week before it happened. When we went to the coast in the 70s to look at property we went to have a look at a house in Mablethorpe the owner pointed out that the line around the living room was were the water had come up to when the sea flooded.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

It’s called Mayfield. 

I thought you were going to say the cheese named after you was Philipdelphia!

• Like 2

@mary1947  I remember those floods.  Some friends of my parents had a house in Chapel St Leonard’s and the water came around 3 feet up their walls.  We weren’t there at the time but the next time we went to visit them, they showed us the watermark on the internal walls 

1 hour ago, katyjay said:

I thought you were going to say the cheese named after you was Philipdelphia!

Could have been worse Kath. Could have been 'Stinkin Bishop'. yada

33 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

How about Caerphilly?

Caerphilly cheese was the only cheese my dad ever took in his "snap tin" down t'pit. He always said it was made especially for the miners in South Wales and did not sweat in the hot areas of the mine.

• Like 1

Today I've been spitting feathers. The builders had a radio tuned to Radio2 and the Jeremy Vine show. What a pretentious prig he is, however anyone can take his self righteous drivel seriously is beyond me.

This morning he was having paroxysms over a photograph of the royals, animals crapping in the house due to mental health issues and beer bikes.

In the end I made them turn it off. He really is the epitome of dumbing down.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Didn't he used to host the quiz show Eggheads?

He did,   A t*t head on eggheads, can't stand the idiot, flims all his cycle rides in the hope he can catch a motorist doing sommat wrong

Rog

• Like 1

Anonymous Dating?  Wondered what that was about when I logged in this morning. "Want thrills and flirting?" it asks.  Well, who needs that when we've got our very own @benjamin1945 not to mention @trogg (because Mrs Trogg would throttle him).

They've had enough thrills and flirting to last the rest of us several lifetimes :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On a different note, I experienced the current NHS appointment booking system yesterday. My arthritic knee has now become quite tight around my hamstring to the extent that any prolonged period of sitting or standing makes it really tighten up and the rest of the time I’m conscious that it’s not ok. So…. I managed to get through to the receptionist at the surgery to be told that I have to submit a form online and they would get back to me which I duly did. Within an hour I had a text to say that my case had been reviewed by a clinician and they would get back to me within 6 weeks. Maybe they assume that the problem will sort itself out during that time or on a positive note they might contact me sooner. Who knows ? Clearly gone are the days when you could ring and get in to see your own doctor within a couple of days.

Phil, I’ve been using a Revitive for about 3 years now, every morning. I just have it on level 26 which is enough for me. The sales power of Ian Botham eh! Difficult to tell whether it helps or not to be fair as periods when I’m on holiday and don’t use it, it’s just the same. Not tried the infa red though, good thought thanks.

My husband has had a circulation Booster machine for a few years, I think it’s a Revitive (green and white in colour).  It seemed to help initially but now even if it’s on the maximum setting it has no effect at all.  However, when I’ve tried it I could fly up and hit the ceiling on a high setting.  His circulation problem must be too severe to be improved.  Just one of his problems though! 

Nice cycle ride this morning, not too bad riding out towards Aubourn and Haddington but hard work coming back against the strong wind, good exercise though gets the heart pumping and the lungs working, after getting home and having a coffee I decided to go out on the bike again this time to Bassingham where I take the R10 for a walk around the farmyard and barns, three pigeons dispatched, met up with the farmer on my way back and spent the next half hour putting the world to right and discussing all things farming, all in all not a bad day and some health benefit exercises thrown in for good measure, hope the rest of you had a good day

Rog 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have Rog. Have booked my annual pilgrimage to Thoresby Hall for December 13th. So all being well, I should be able to attend the meet up on the 12th, if that gets finalised.

Barrie, the 12th Dec is definite, set in stone for you being there! 

Nice to see that plenty of frogs have turned up in the pond. They started arriving on Monday. I was worried that some may not make the return to their ancestral home due to new fencing and gravel boards being installed on two sides of the garden. Looks like they found the little access points that I made :) 

Looks like Spring is truly here with the magnolia in bloom and the hens laying every day thumbsup

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

@MRS B, Right oh Mrs. Lady. I'll make sure to bring me own knife, fork n spoon, with me own plate, ( all suitably labelled with me name). Assuming 'er indoors lets me come that is). By the way, I'll be going up to Thoresby the day after.

• Like 1